• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

All guys who got an iPhone 5 or are planning on gettine one <3

Y

ytiggidmas

Pretty sure the iPhone 5 gets 4G LTE, something the 4s didn't have.

rtwire

Stone
I only bought one on the purpose of selling later on eBay for more money, after they all sold out.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I consider the iPhone as a "phone" for soccer moms / those who don't want to be troubled by their phone.

Android is a powerhouse that lets me do anything I need to do, if its updating the website, ssh'ing into the server or anything else I can do on a PC.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
I just got a Droid Razr Maxx Friday, and it almost substitutes for my broken computer. However, it doesnt play MC.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Pretty sure the iPhone 5 gets 4G LTE, something the 4s didn't have.

That's not a very significant improvement, unless you live in the middle of nowhere and are now covered. Network speeds for phones are at the point where you are really only limited by hardware, not connection.

And when you compare the iPhone hardware to other phones... well you get the idea.

Apple falls on its face!

Y

ytiggidmas

That's not a very significant improvement, unless you live in the middle of nowhere and are now covered. Network speeds for phones are at the point where you are really only limited by hardware, not connection.

And when you compare the iPhone hardware to other phones... well you get the idea.

Apple falls on its face!
1.4G LTE Seems pretty damn significant to me considering when it had only 3g/edge it was one of the most sold phones in the world.
2.What hardware?iPhone 5 pretty much craps on anything else's
3. If anyone think's android phones are the way to go, you obviously haven't seen their value 6 months later.(free w/a 2 year contract.)
4. My iPhone 4 which is what, 2 years old? Is still worth 200 dollars. What's an android phone from then worth?
5. iPhone is THE PHONE, every company that makes apps for a phone is going to make it for the damn iphone,not android.
6. why do I even need a #6

ddrheretic

Legacy Supporter 4
... As long as I can launch my cell and have it work when I pick it back up I am happy. I also like to be able to alter it without it being a huge headache. Like root etc.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
1.4G LTE Seems pretty damn significant to me considering when it had only 3g/edge it was one of the most sold phones in the world.
2.What hardware?iPhone 5 pretty much craps on anything else's
3. If anyone think's android phones are the way to go, you obviously haven't seen their value 6 months later.(free w/a 2 year contract.)
4. My iPhone 4 which is what, 2 years old? Is still worth 200 dollars. What's an android phone from then worth?
5. iPhone is THE PHONE, every company that makes apps for a phone is going to make it for the damn iphone,not android.
6. why do I even need a #6

Do you actually know the hardware specifications of an iPhone?

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
I consider the iPhone as a "phone" for soccer moms / those who don't want to be troubled by their phone.

Android is a powerhouse that lets me do anything I need to do, if its updating the website, ssh'ing into the server or anything else I can do on a PC.
If you are looking for apps android market is shit compared to apple itunes....

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
If you are looking for apps android market is shit compared to apple itunes....

Maybe you don't know what you are looking for? Both platforms pretty much can do the the same stuff. They even share the same apps to accomplish the same tasks (like instagram). It's like Kainzo said though, Android makes it easier to do technical work like SSH/Telnet, remote control, and other server admin tools.

iPhones are great if all you do is listen to music, text, and facebook. I just wouldn't pay that much for a facebook machine. The iPhone interface is also painfully un-customizable. However that's good for some people because they would be overwhelmed if they could customize their phone.

Freedom isn't for everyone!

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Maybe you don't know what you are looking for? Both platforms pretty much can do the the same stuff. They even share the same apps to accomplish the same tasks (like instagram). It's like Kainzo said though, Android makes it easier to do technical work like SSH/Telnet, remote control, and other server admin tools.

iPhones are great if all you do is listen to music, text, and facebook. I just wouldn't pay that much for a facebook machine. The iPhone interface is also painfully un-customizable. However that's good for some people because they would be overwhelmed if they could customize their phone.

Freedom isn't for everyone!
Besides the fact anyone can make apps for android and they can give you virises and App Store you have to get the app qualified and looked over before its posted.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Besides the fact anyone can make apps for android and they can give you virises and App Store you have to get the app qualified and looked over before its posted.

Anybody can make apps for iPhones too. Doesn't mean they are quality or virus-free even after being "qualified".

You just need to use common sense when downloading apps, regardless of your platform.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Anybody can make apps for iPhones too. Doesn't mean they are quality or virus-free even after being "qualified".

You just need to use common sense when downloading apps, regardless of your platform.
Well on topic, iPhone 5 is not worth it for a bigger screen, i phone 4 has the exact same features plus iphone 4 gained suri ruining the point of 4s

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Well on topic, iPhone 5 is not worth it for a bigger screen, i phone 4 has the exact same features plus iphone 4 gained suri ruining the point of 4s

Exactly. If you have anything before an iPhone 4, then you might as well get the 5 if you are planning on upgrading. Otherwise keep what you have because it's just as good as the new one. Unfortunately there are people out there who buy the new version every year.