• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Alchemy Suggestion

DarkStrider

Legacy Supporter 4
Now, with the recent update to 1.1 (and prior to updating the 1.1) we had an issue with alchemists not being able to make, well, anything.

The issue was that Falsebook doesn't play nicely with Bukkit, as a result the crafting permissions for the cauldron are incorrect/bugged, so this means using the false cauldrons doesn't work.

So, you'd think the obvious thing you'd use would be the official minecraft alchemy brewing station, right?

Well sadly this was disabled due to balance issues, in my honest opinion I feel this is an incorrect statement on the situation.

Here's my reasons as to why, and I shall seperate them into points for people who don't like reading chunks of text all day.

1. Most of the ingrediants for the truly powerful potions are hard to come by, especially if you don't have access to the Nether.
  2. You can only craft 1-3 potions at a time, and that takes around 20 seconds each time.
  3. The only true "issue" with this is the healing potions, but even then the most they would heal in 1 go is about 1/8-1/6 of a full level'd classes HP, and seeing how hard it is to come by the materials, I doubt people would waste those willingly.
  4. The poisons don't immediately kill you, and the stuff required for them are, for the most part, rare.
  5. Anyone can pick alchemist and do the same potions, same poisons and same buff potions. If its freely available to everyone then I don't see an issue.
  6. It helps the server economy because it adds something alchemists can sell
  7. Water bottles each take up a single space in your inventory, they do not stack, I believe the same goes for the potions as well.
  8. Alchemists are rendered uttlerly pointless without any form of brewing facility.
  9. Blaze rods are a pain in the ass to get, without one an alchemist cannot brew anything.
If I think of any other reasons, I'll add them.

But to put it bluntly, alchemists currently on the server cannot do anything, I have a pretty metal cauldron and a nice brewing ornament in my house, and thats about all I can use them for.

Post endorsed. I don't play an alchemist, nor do I have much experience with potions, but these are all critical issues that need to be considered and discussed objectively without bias by people who actually know what they're talking.

Potions are going to change everything, in all likelihood. The raw, logistical specifications of the process of brewing need to be addressed (like room in inventory, etc.), and then the way they interact with all of the other classes. This is not something to be taken lightly. Class changes can cause minor issues as they're tweaked. Something like this can be a game breaker. Let's get some developer input regarding their intentions and the way they'd like to see things, and then talk about how to best make that happen.

As a soon to be alchemist I am highly considering not becoming one if this does not get fixed. I strongly agree with this.

zZHeroInSoup

Obsidian
i think rogues should be the only people allowed to use poison pots.

and swift pots should be replaced with mana pots becsuse swift pots ruin the point of being able to have arun boost ability

EpicPoodle

Gold
I like you guys are the only ones with access to the neither...and the only ones with neither wart. lol

PocketBun

Legacy Supporter 2
Well... if you wouldn't have fucked up recently Poodle, you could have also had access to the nether.

Tho' I do like the idea of certain classes being able to use specific potions. Makes sense really, everything else is that way.

DarkStrider

Legacy Supporter 4
i think rogues should be the only people allowed to use poison pots.

and swift pots should be replaced with mana pots becsuse swift pots ruin the point of being able to have arun boost ability
In theory, good idea, but the time frame of most of the potions are so small (Unless brewed otherwise) this wouldn't make much of a difference.