• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Alchemist Is Useless To Me Because Strength Potions Don't Work

I felt really terrible when i heard that strength potions don't work on hc. What is the reason you guys made it so they don't work? I would really love it if the staff can make them useful again. ^^

images

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I felt really terrible when i heard that strength potions don't work on hc. What is the reason you guys made it so they don't work? I would really love it if the staff can make them useful again. ^^
+130% damage.
Think about that.
For a Lvl 65 Necro that would put you at 82.8 (About) damag per left click
With strength 1
Strength 2 would put a NECROMANCER, a class that should not be using mele, at 129.9 (again roughly) damage.

Lets take a class that should mele. Ninja.
At lvl 65 that can do 65 base damage.
Strength 1: 149.5
Strength 2: 234 per left click.

That is the reason Strength pots do not work as in vanilla.
They are also a balance nightmare, as they make skills next to useless when you can just mele shit to death with your 100+ left click damage

+130% damage.
Think about that.
With strength 1
Strength 2 would put a NECROMANCER, a class that should not be using mele, at 129.9 (again roughly) damage.

They are also a balance nightmare, as they make skills next to useless when you can just mele shit to death with your 100+ left click damage

+130% damage.
Think about that.
With strength 1

They are also a balance nightmare, as they make skills next to useless when you can just mele shit to death with your 100+ left click damage[/QUOTE
Ok, one last question, do strength potions do any extra damage at all?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
No, they do nothing.
The only way to do extra damage is either Sharpness or skills (Warsong, that one berzerker passive, etc)

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't know what to think about Alchemist anymore ever since 1.7 update and hoppers. This profession is in a place I can't even yeah, just going to stop typing because I don't know what to say.