• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Alchemist/Engineer

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I think alchemist should get the ability to transmute ore into souls instead of gold. This way alchy's get a slight buff and hoppers can be returned to normal. With the hopper nerf, hoppers have become effectively useless.

Another suggestion to give alchemist an edge is give the class the ability to be the only prof that can use splash pot.

Return hoppers back to vanilla speed, so engineers can make chest sorters and such, and not get nerfed because a few alchys complained that autobrewers were keeping people from playing alchemist.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I think alchemist should get the ability to transmute ore into souls instead of gold. This way alchy's get a slight buff and hoppers can be returned to normal. With the hopper nerf, hoppers have become effectively useless.

Another suggestion to give alchemist an edge is give the class the ability to be the only prof that can use splash pot.

Return hoppers back to vanilla speed, so engineers can make chest sorters and such, and not get nerfed because a few alchys complained that autobrewers were keeping people from playing alchemist.
The main problem with limiting splash potions to alchemists is that it will become the 'PvP' profession. Being able to use splash potions when no one else can is an advantage that shouldn't be related to non-PvP (I am still not a fan of Runesmith getting Gills either. Even if it is meant for building purposes it gets used in PvP periodically)

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
The main problem with limiting splash potions to alchemists is that it will become the 'PvP' profession. Being able to use splash potions when no one else can is an advantage that shouldn't be related to non-PvP (I am still not a fan of Runesmith getting Gills either. Even if it is meant for building purposes it gets used in PvP periodically)
I understand PvP aspect, but lack of interest has caused hoppers to be nerfed so hard that it is pathetic. The transfer rate is exceptionally bad. So moving items or attempting to make sorters is a complete waste of time. I don't agree with the fact that a few people complain, and action are taken to upset others.

Miners can excavate to kill miners
Engineers can build traps
Enchanters can get sharpness
Runesmith have gills
Smith makes armor
Merchant has no PvP benefit
Farmer can spawn animals??(have seen used in PvP, but very rarely)

It's all relative, but I don't see splash potions going to alchy is going to break pvp

Last edited:

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm not sure if it is even code-able but if we could make it so that you cant hopper out of a brewing stand (just like an LWC) this would fix the engineer/alchemist issue

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I understand PvP aspect, but lack of interest has caused hoppers to be nerfed so hard that it is pathetic. The transfer rate is exceptionally bad. So moving items or attempting to make sorters is a complete waste of time. I don't agree with the fact that a few people complain, and action are taken to upset others.

Miners can excavate to kill miners
Engineers can build traps
Enchanters can get sharpness
Runesmith have gills
Smith makes armor
Merchant has no PvP benefit
Farmer can spawn animals??(have seen used in PvP, but very rarely)

It's all relative, but I don't see splash potions going to alchy is going to break pvp
Miners: Everyone can mine, they just do it fast
Engineer: You can hire them to make/place the traps
Enchanters: They can sell their sharpness (and people get most sharpness weapons other ways)
Runesmith: I am against them having gills
Smith: Again you share/sell it
Farmer: Spawning animals and such has a high mana cost (I think) so it is not necessarily efficient

The main difference between these and limiting splash potions to Alchemist is that even if you sell/share the splash potions. No one else can use them. You don't need an engineer to 'activate' the trap you only need them to make it.

You will never be able to effectively sell/share splash potions if it is only usable by Alchemists. It provides a clear cut advantage unlike the other professions (except Gills of course)

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm not sure if it is even code-able but if we could make it so that you cant hopper out of a brewing stand (just like an LWC) this would fix the engineer/alchemist issue
Some alchemists would like auto brewers so they don't have to sit and brew tons of pots

I don't see why it's even a big deal to have auto brewers, it adds a dynamic to a town allowing for efficient production of goods

Ropsux

TNT
Some alchemists would like auto brewers so they don't have to sit and brew tons of pots

I don't see why it's even a big deal to have auto brewers, it adds a dynamic to a town allowing for efficient production of goods

In my opinion, when autobrewers are built, alchemists aren't really needed anymore after they have placed down some brewing stands and crafted lots of potion ingredients. Nobody will buy potions from alchemists, because anyone can have their own autobrewers and make potions themselves. But I like the idea that ores could be transmuted into souls.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
In my opinion, when autobrewers are built, alchemists aren't really needed anymore after they have placed down some brewing stands and crafted lots of potion ingredients. Nobody will buy potions from alchemists, because anyone can have their own autobrewers and make potions themselves. But I like the idea that ores could be transmuted into souls.
You'd be surprised how many people will buy pots at graveyards and outside of spawn, auto brewers are not killing that market. This is only a complaint lodged by people who don't want to switch classes and they feel like something is being taken away from their class. But I have built auto brewers for alchemists. So now my class has been crippled. My auto sorters are broken now as well. Auto brewers allow a cohesive relationship between engineers and alchemists. Not to mention cauldrons are still used to make items

Ropsux

TNT
You'd be surprised how many people will buy pots at graveyards and outside of spawn, auto brewers are not killing that market. This is only a complaint lodged by people who don't want to switch classes and they feel like something is being taken away from their class. But I have built auto brewers for alchemists. So now my class has been crippled. My auto sorters are broken now as well. Auto brewers allow a cohesive relationship between engineers and alchemists. Not to mention cauldrons are still used to make items

I'm both max alchemist and engineer myself, but I don't use autobrewer. I made tons of potions, before I switched to engineer.
That was just the experience I got when I was selling potions as alchemist in trade chat. Some people who were interested in buying potions, suddenly changed their minds and told me that they were soon getting their own autobrewers up and would not need to buy them.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
FWIW, Engineer has a number of broken ICs, too.

Entity-detectors (both versions), counters and the clock are all broken. Moreover, a few of the ICs are of little use, or have been incorporated as vanilla mechanics. For example, the NOT Gate: the sign, block, and lever needed to make the IC actually take up more space than the vanilla version (one block and one redstone torch). Also, the daylight sensor has been rendered less useful by the vanilla version.

In all, Engineer could use a rebalance.

One possible replacement ability would be to allow Engineers the Craftbook ink sack ability that copy/pastes signs. Since Engineers work with a lot of signs, this would be a very useful ability -- and I can't imagine how this would break PvP.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
The hopper nerf is absolute horseshit. They are so slow that I have seen my auto furnaces eat materials that were cooking (I have no clue how, but I have witnessed it three times). It also cripples many item transport systems, which I now have to replace with droppers (which I am not looking forward to because that will require redstone signals going on and off which causes lag).