• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Add "cooldown reduction" to attributes

Isaaclite

TNT
Attributes so far, buff skill damage, healing, normal attacks, speed, mana regen/amount, etc... So I just thought it would be pretty neat to add skill cool down reduction to the list. Maybe it can be added to wisdom or constitution, or it can be a whole other/new attribute. Adding cool down reduction for an attribute effect can allow for greater variation in attribute spreads and make pvp and pve more interesting and fun. Any thoughts?

Ultanian

Portal
I'd love that, as we'd be able to make a class that does low damage but really high rates, like crowd control :)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I thought about suggesting this, but it would be way t op in some cases.... .5 sec 90 base damage fireball anyone?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
First and foremost, there would need to be a hard cap. Secondly, would the theoretical attribute have a second use besides cooldown reduction? I could see it happening, but not until we balance the classes the way they are now.

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
In order to balance there needs to be a base amount of Knowns. @Kainzo has posted several things suggesting that one of the basic Knowns he prefers to maintain (and not add scaling too) is Skill Cooldowns. Needs confirm.

In my opinion Cooldown stability is excellent for Balance math and it is my starting point when I try to rate things like class burst damage or sustained DPS.

Also, expect complex gameplay mechanics (like CDR) to be more prevalent as the HC customization continues. Ideally, soon we will be able to grant items that are just as beneficial to a skill based class as the current ones are to left-click based classes.