• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Active location of member: ItzDexy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gankstar

Stone
Paying 50c, maybe more for the active location of ItzDexy and or anyone associated with his clan/guild/friend group/family/life/career

He must live there
He must have LWC there

You may NOT be affiliated with him

Contact me here or in-game on gankstar

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Just so you know, if you do ANYTHING illegal that you said in /tell to me
I will take it beond HC and dont underestimate me.

And I dont live anywhere, my LWC's are in random locations on the world that only I know of and 1 which I can warp to.
So enjoy
And I love that you get so worked up over a simple game that you make hacking threats that try to act all mature, nice one man.

I am willing to pay 500c to the man (or woman)(s) who cause this player to rage quit HC.
You may keep what is left of his items also.

Gankstar

Stone
Offer still stands. If you provide information of his whereabouts i will pay what i deem worth.

Don't worry teenager, you got it coming to ya.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Offer still stands. If you provide information of his whereabouts i will pay what i deem worth.

Don't worry teenager, you got it coming to ya.
If you think that being killed twise in your home on this server is bad, you should really open your eyes, people get killed 5-10 times at a minimum sometimes and people set there recalls there so they come back.
This server isnt called hardcore for nothing, if you do this over what we did then god help you when a group like the TC comes around or a town.
And my offer will be bumped to another 300c for the persons who kill repeatedly the person who tells him the info on even one tiny little thing of mine on this server.

Gankstar

Stone
Getting killed is not a problem. Ive killed and died before so it's fine. Part of the game.

The reason i am looking for your info is because you for some reason burned like 6-7 chests worth of building materials.

If my base had been well on its way already then i probably would ride it off as adolescent ethics since you said you were so young. But since i was still very well at the beginning of gathering coins and creating a stronghold, i take it as a personal attack.

But when you represent the HC staff by being a Proctor, burning all the building materials and then telling me when i come back that you burned them. THAT is what i have a problem with. That a member of the HC staff would "without reason" burn a bunch of materials he had no use for. That is my problem. Sure you can do it and there is nothing i can "do" to get them back. What i can do though is spend the next month till TSW comes out using all my time and resources to track you down and camp ya.

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
Getting killed is not a problem. Ive killed and died before so it's fine. Part of the game.

The reason i am looking for your info is because you for some reason burned like 6-7 chests worth of building materials.

If my base had been well on its way already then i probably would ride it off as adolescent ethics since you said you were so young. But since i was still very well at the beginning of gathering coins and creating a stronghold, i take it as a personal attack.

But when you represent the HC staff by being a Proctor, burning all the building materials and then telling me when i come back that you burned them. THAT is what i have a problem with. That a member of the HC staff would "without reason" burn a bunch of materials he had no use for. That is my problem. Sure you can do it and there is nothing i can "do" to get them back. What i can do though is spend the next month till TSW comes out using all my time and resources to track you down and camp ya.

You are in a very bad position here, I would stop while you still can. One reason being, is that this is a game, get the hell over it. Another reason is being I'm sure people would back up iTzDeXy over you, in this frustration you seem to have over some chest.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
I would normaly give back what I would take in these cases but the way you went have gone about this I wont,
There is no need to keep bring up age if its just a game,
and there is no need to threaten someone with cyber attacks over a game.
So bring it, if its a war you want, its a war you will get but you will not come out of it well.
And if you think you can scare me, you have no hope what so ever of doing it, so have fun trying.

And Kainzo even told you personaly ingame that proctors have no ingame power, all we do is whitelist and play, so that part of your argument has failed already.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
And Kainzo even told you personaly ingame that proctors have no ingame power, all we do is whitelist and play, so that part of your argument has failed already.
The assumption for members of herocraft staff are that they are more mature and professional than other players. Proctors have to hold to this standard even more due to the fact that you are the first person any new player ever sees in this server. Just because your power as a staff member does not extend into the actual game does not mean your position does not follow you.

Also this thread is silly. Shit happens, you just gotta keep going and get over it. Join a town if you want things protected.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
The assumption for members of herocraft staff are that they are more mature and professional than other players. Proctors have to hold to this standard even more due to the fact that you are the first person any new player ever sees in this server. Just because your power as a staff member does not extend into the actual game does not mean your position does not follow you.

Also this thread is silly. Shit happens, you just gotta keep going and get over it. Join a town if you want things protected.

Exactly. Proctors still need to set an example.

However they are still able to play the game like normal, so it's not like Dexy did anything wrong. Looting chests is part of the game, that even lesser staff that still count as members can do. They just can do stuff like troll and break rules (nobody can break the rules, but it's expected of staff to know them much better than your average person).

Gankstar

Stone
Thread isnt pointless or silly. I still want to know where he lives or spends most his time. Once our ranger hits 15 or whatever ill spend all day tracking him.

This proctor, after killing me once in my base burned 6-7 chests (full chests) worth of building materials. Is it a bad loss? Yes. Hundreds upon hundreds of stone blocks/wood/iron picks etc. The reasoning? I dunno. He 2v1ed me then burned it all.

Will I recover? Of course. Will i seek revenge? Of course.

I am still looking for someone familiar with where this guy goes. I spent a long time gathering a bunch of stuff ready to make our base then apply for a town. Slightly deters me from continuing playing but i still got another month so i will make the most of it.

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
I find both of you at fault.
Dexy, for burning all that shit. Was a good troll, but not something I would expect a member of the staff do pull. Maybe someone KNOWN for breaking rules.

And Gankstar for threatening him outside of HC, thats just immature. Shit happens, if you're going to do this every time someone kills you and steals your shit, you shouldn't be playing here.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Have fun trying to steal and kill me.
I dont think it will be to fun for you though.

Cloverhook

Legacy Supporter 3
Speaking as one of the people who lost a lot from those chests, this definitely seems pretty silly all around. On the one hand, yeah, it's just a game -- getting worked up about it is ridiculous, and there's certainly no cause for out of character threats and such.

On the other hand, burning mere building materials (chests full of cobble and the like) is definitely a dick move. It's within the rules, sure... but it's way more douchey than necessary. Typically, if you're gonna raid, you go in, kill some characters, steal what you have room for, and leave... and then return to fill up your inventory again later. You don't just destroy all their progress. "Oh my god, they have a double chest full of DIRT! If I leave this, they'll be a town in no time! BURN IT ALL!"

While, yes, Proctors aren't really treated as Staff in game, I do think this is outrageously dickish behavior for a Proctor (or -any- member of staff). From what I've read while preparing my own application for Proctorship, Proctors serve a dual purpose:
  1. Whitelisting -- Getting good people in, and keeping the assholes out
  2. Making a good/professional first impression -- Convincing new players that this is the best server there is, and welcoming them.
That second point doesn't mean you should pull punches, of course -- this is still a hardcore server, and it wouldn't be as great as it is if it weren't. It does mean being less of a dick than others though -- plain and simple, if you're an asshole, you shouldn't be a Proctor. Just my two cents, and I may be risking my own welcome here by saying so, but... it needs to be said. This server is notable in part because of its highly professional and respected staff, and I feel that iTzDeXy has failed to uphold that reputation. Again, he was well within his rights, and there's nothing in the rules, ToS, or EULA to suggest otherwise... But I'm disappointed to see that the staff isn't as uniformly respectable/good-natured as it seemed at first glance.

There's a difference between Hardcore and Dickishness. Hardcore means progress is difficult, trust is limited, and nothing is guaranteed. Dickishness is all that, plus a driving desire to ruin others' experiences. Worse, dickishness breeds dickishness -- just look at how badly this spiraled out of control. Call me a hippy, but I don't get why Hardcore and Maturity/Respect can't coexist in a symbiotic relationship.

All that aside, as a proponent of the emergent stories inherent in playing Minecraft online, I'm looking forward to the narrative this has created -- purely in-game, we must now utilize our resources to gain our righteous revenge. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.