• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ability changes? (what would you change?)

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
There are a few abilities that need some change/ need to be updated, and here's how I would change them.

• Ice Bolt - Ice bolt needs to be changed to better reflect it's name, instead of throwing a weak snowball, maybe have it actually shoot a bolt of lightening down and freeze them, because right now fireball (which is stronger at a lower level) is better than it, and it could use a small buff for having a level requirement.
  • Bolt - Bolt needs a small buff, it is still better to use fireball, so maybe cause a disorientation effect when struck directly by it? or maybe have it cause a small amount of fire damage setting the target on fire for 1-2 ticks.
Please give me some more insight on what needs buffed/nerfed and I'll put major changes up here, and edit my few.

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
Wizard is op already it doesn't need any buffs. The root iceball fireball bolt fireblast pulse combo can chunk any class and can kill some.
I see now that it doesn't need more buffs, but the ice bolt one is sort of a nerf, make it have a small charge up time, and add a little more damage and make it actually use a "bolt" of lightning instead of a snowball.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I see now that it doesn't need more buffs, but the ice bolt one is sort of a nerf, make it have a small charge up time, and add a little more damage and make it actually use a "bolt" of lightning instead of a snowball.
With two bolts it already has enough don't you think?

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
With two bolts it already has enough don't you think?
well it could just be an added effect, because technically because of the name there should be 3, but only 2 are actually bolts, like when I hear "ice bolt" I either imagine a giant bolt of ice coming from the sky, or a large amount of ice hitting someone, and a snow ball isn't either of the 2.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff

Ice Bolt -
Ice bolt needs to be changed to better reflect it's name, instead of throwing a weak snowball, maybe have it actually shoot a bolt of lightening down and freeze them, because right now fireball (which is stronger at a lower level) is better than it, and it could use a small buff for having a level requirement.

Just because it has "bolt" in the name does not mean it's a freaking lightning bolt.

Have you never played an RPG with an icebolt skill before...?

• Bolt - Bolt needs a small buff, it is still better to use fireball, so maybe cause a disorientation effect when struck directly by it? or maybe have it cause a small amount of fire damage setting the target on fire for 1-2 ticks.
Fireball is a skillshot, bolt is a targetable skill. Moreover, you can warm it up while a target is rooted. There is no need for it to be any better than fireball than it already is.

Last edited:

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
Just because it has "bolt" in the name does not mean it's a freaking lightning bolt.

Have you never played an RPG with an icebolt skill before...?

Fireball is a skillshot, bolt is a targetable skill. Moreover, you can warm it up while a target is rooted. There is no need for it to be any better than fireball than it already is.

I have played an rpg with bolt spells, and they look like lightening, it was awesome, make it targetable and have to warm it up to balance it,

and I guess normal bolt is okay the way it is.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I have played an rpg with bolt spells, and they look like lightening, it was awesome, make it targetable and have to warm it up to balance it,

and I guess normal bolt is okay the way it is.
Bolt skills and an ICEbolt are two completely different things. I asked if you had played an RPG that had an Icebolt in it. Which, if you have played at least one RPG, you would have. And regardless of the game I can guarantee that that skill had absolutely nothing to do with lightning. I have never seen anything even remotely close to lightning being affiliated with a skill called "Icebolt". It's a projectile of ice. That's it.

Maybe it shoots fast, maybe it pierces. But lightning? No. Is it ever ice being "bolted" down from the sky in lightning-esque manner? No.

N1nten

ICE ICE ICE!
Bolt skills and an ICEbolt are two completely different things. I asked if you had played an RPG that had an Icebolt in it. Which, if you have played at least one RPG, you would have. And regardless of the game I can guarantee that that skill had absolutely nothing to do with lightning. I have never seen anything even remotely close to lightning being affiliated with a skill called "Icebolt". It's a projectile of ice. That's it.

Maybe it shoots fast, maybe it pierces. But lightning? No. Is it ever ice being "bolted" down from the sky in lightning-esque manner? No.
alright, I still believe it should be a target ability, instead of throwing a snowball