• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A Witch Class

Is this class a good idea?

• Total voters

ncbugboy

Legacy Supporter 4
Witch really does not seem like a rogue class. Bard has SOME debuffs, but most classes have these. A good class idea, but just doesn't seem like rogue. If you renamed it it might fit better.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Witch really does not seem like a rogue class. Bard has SOME debuffs, but most classes have these. A good class idea, but just doesn't seem like rogue. If you renamed it it might fit better.
The idea of a rogue in my opinion, is more about dodging around enemies with agile moves and striking for low damage, but being able quickly avoid damage itself. This class idea in my opinion would be more of a rogue due to the speedy and agile nature of the class, since most casters are not agile, but instead rely more on blink/enderpearls/inferno etc. All casters do more damage magically, and have less debuffs. The witch is meant to weave in and out of combat and hex players with debuffs and avoid any damage whatsoever. Casters usually deal more damage oriented skills.

Plus, the original idea was an anti-bard. Anti-bard should still be a rogue.

I can argue both sides. Witches do seem good at dodging hits, turning into bats or making you think they were somewhere else. But i can also see the magic aspect of it , spells and what nots. But i'll really be happy with it under any tree. put it under warrior i won't care xD

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Main weapon : glass bottle to be unique :p,

Armor: full leather

Lvl 1 tumble

Lvl 1 potion throw (better name plz) throws a potion (like holy water) that deals 50 dmg and applies a random effect from a list of Slownees I 3sec, Mining fatigue I 2.5sec, wither for 1 sec, or an extra 10 dmg. -10 second cooldown 5% mana cost

Lvl 5

Lvl 15 Take Flight: the witch rides on their broom and is airborne for the next 1.5 seconds, cooldown 5 sec, mana 5% :p (there is your rogue piece)

Lvl 45 Eye of the Graeae: You look through the eye and see your target's fate, Dealing 100dmg 8 second cooldown, 10% mana

Lvl 55 Shriek: the witch shrieks with a sound of pure evil causing fear in their enemies. For the next 2.5s when a player within 4 blocks of witch tries to aim a skill it target someone within 1 block of the original target as they shake in fear! If no target is found the skill is cast as normal, mana cost 15% cooldown, 35s (not sure if this is even a possible skill)

Lvl 60: Bubble Over: you place a cauldron (like shaman's totem) that gives a slowness and withering effect to anyone within 4 blocks for 10 seconds, cooldown 30 sec, mana cost 15%

T2 name: occultist
61 skill: All Hallows' Eve: The Witch harnesses the power of this dark day and for the next 15 seconds their skills have an increased effect of 10%! (damage wise) -cd 1 min mana cost 15%

Still needs some work but there are a couple more skills I guess :p

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Main weapon : glass bottle to be unique :p,

Armor: full leather

Lvl 1 tumble

Lvl 1 potion throw (better name plz) throws a potion (like holy water) that deals 50 dmg and applies a random effect from a list of Slownees I 3sec, Mining fatigue I 2.5sec, wither for 1 sec, or an extra 10 dmg. -10 second cooldown 5% mana cost

Lvl 5

Lvl 15 Take Flight: the witch rides on their broom and is airborne for the next 1.5 seconds, cooldown 5 sec, mana 5% :p (there is your rogue piece)

Lvl 45 Eye of the Graeae: You look through the eye and see your target's fate, Dealing 100dmg 8 second cooldown, 10% mana

Lvl 55 Shriek: the witch shrieks with a sound of pure evil causing fear in their enemies. For the next 2.5s when a player within 4 blocks of witch tries to aim a skill it target someone within 1 block of the original target as they shake in fear! If no target is found the skill is cast as normal, mana cost 15% cooldown, 35s (not sure if this is even a possible skill)

Lvl 60: Bubble Over: you place a cauldron (like shaman's totem) that gives a slowness and withering effect to anyone within 4 blocks for 10 seconds, cooldown 30 sec, mana cost 15%

T2 name: occultist
61 skill: All Hallows' Eve: The Witch harnesses the power of this dark day and for the next 15 seconds their skills have an increased effect of 10%! (damage wise) -cd 1 min mana cost 15%

Still needs some work but there are a couple more skills I guess :p
I like the names, but I dislike the skills.

I personally think witch should mainly debuff, not tdo large amounts of damage (or have more than two damaging skills.)

I agree with both ends. I think the witch should have mainly really low damage abilities, but those abilities apply random effects and just screws with the targets, then have 1 high damage so they have some fighting capability. I really like the lvl 61 move trazil :p (been while since i checked this form post, was busy playing other games haha)