• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A Tutorial(s) suggestion!

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Not too long ago I was in the works of building a new tutorial. Little did I know, Kainzo and staff built an amazing one already! When I saw the new tutorial I was appalled because it was just that amazing, and granted a real RPG feel in terms of a tutorial.

So in hopes that my work wouldn't go to waste, I thought of what I could've turned the would be tutorial into. Along with this, I was noticing some players still skipping the new tutorial and some players still just leaving out of confusion. So I thought 'What the heck, why would players be confused even after such a nice tutorial?' Then it hit me, an idea that works all round.

Here's the idea straight up: I think that everyone learns differently, I mean that's a fact, not everyone learns the same way others do. Some prefer an interactive approach, some prefer a categorized approach, and some prefer a general approach. So I thought.. what if we had different tutorials... that players could pick?

Essentially what I thought is that when a player joins the server, they get summoned into a room instead of the tutorial, in this room would be the welcome message and stuff, and then 3 portals to 3 different tutorials. Each tutorial would teach the same exact things of course, but in a different way. This gives the player the freedom of choice as to how they learn, and would make it very hard for them to complain about confusion.

The server already is so unique because of its freedom of choice, where you get to pick how you want to play. Adding different tutorials based on how individuals learn would definitely be something different and never really before seen in any type of minecraft server.

So how do you learn? Do you prefer an interactive approach to things? Maybe you like learning things separately? Or maybe you prefer things to be generalized for you to decipher. I'd be interested to know how you guys learn as individuals so be sure to write a reply. Thanks for reading ;)