• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion a suggestion that would solve a few issues

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I will begin by saying that i got this idea when i was remembering how great L2 was back in the day with castle sieges. My suggestion is this, instead of making a mining world we make a world with a castle in it, the world would be small. This castle would be something that the server would siege in order to control it and be allowed to mine the map in peace for a weeks duration in which a new siege would take place. Whoever wins the castle gets the map reset and can do with it what they will. Until the next siege takes place. I dont know what the logistics of allowing only a certain group of people on a server would be like but if its possible i think it would be a fun and creative way to avoid map decay while enjoying some fun pvp action. Ultimately i guess you could just have the person who achieves the siege (breaking a certain block) be able to invite who he wants to the castle then it would work like a region.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
This seems like an interesting, complicated idea to implement, what are the issues that you are trying to solve?

Also, I would like to see capturable 10x10 regions, like graveyards but fortresses, that when captured give your town a smallish set amount of coin per day. Towns could stay pretty and safeish for builders, while pvpers (if they can take their eyes off the loots) could have new objectives to control.

But those would be on bastion, not a different new world.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
1 map decay.
2 large scale pvp sieges. (everyone seems concerned with impenitrable towns, this would let everyone have their cake and eat it too.)

are the 2 major issues this would hope to solve.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
1 map decay.
2 large scale pvp sieges. (everyone seems concerned with impenitrable towns, this would let everyone have their cake and eat it too.)

are the 2 major issues this would hope to solve.

You want to battle map decay by allowing only pvpers to have access to a map that regenerates? I'm confused.

The people who yell and scream for more pvp generally aren't the same people who care two cents about map decay. The pvp groups on this server who'd have a shot at actually holding on to the keep (and the mining rights to that regenerating world) are the people who probably wouldn't even use it. They certainly aren't the ones leaving Herocraft and citing Map Decay as one of the issues that drove them away.

This is yet ANOTHER idea to cater to pvpers. PVPers have had more than enough given to them thus far on this map. Map decay can be solved for EVERYONE (not just pvpers) by having a regenerating Warshard.

The idea of large scale pvp sieges is always a nice one. DAOC was great for that and it was one of the most fun MMOs I've played to date. A siege point somewhere would be great, but holding it should reward pvp benefits, not PVE/Mining rewards.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
You know, I think it'd be awesome to have a control point that would turn this into a mining only zone for the HeroTown that 'holds it' -

This would be more of a massive change and not even sure if it'd be doable without some crazy footwork.

Do you know of a plugin that is similar?

Aundora

Legacy Supporter 8
I've heard of things like this before so I bet it's possible although I don't know specifics for it.

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
You know, I think it'd be awesome to have a control point that would turn this into a mining only zone for the HeroTown that 'holds it' -

This would be more of a massive change and not even sure if it'd be doable without some crazy footwork.

Do you know of a plugin that is similar?
Planetside mc style :O

A

alexhoff1

+1, This would be great.

Also, towns would have a reason to recruit miners if this was implemented, they don't have to do mining, and the miners produce maximum goods / ores? That would be great, and a great idea.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
This is a cool idea I do however see a few issues with this 1. the difficulty for Admins resetting Perms so often.
2. I don't think you would need a whole new map perhaps a large region on the main map.
3. All the issues Favith raised 3.1 I do think some of the things that Favith mentioned could be mitigated by turning region protections off during the raid, and making the objective something that could be achieved through strategy rather than brute force.
4. If one town were to hold it for too long it would give them unlimited resources creating unbalance
5. It wouldn't necessarily need pvp, massive pve is another potential option(multiple entry points for multiple towns)

All in all if this could be done in a way that non pvp and limited pvp towns might have a chance to win it would be a boon to the server. If it is design in such a way that pvp'ers dominate it they way they dominate most everything else it will be a bane.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I can see the issue of a pvp superpower taking control and holding it. The same happens in other games, but what i can say is that where there is a superpower there is room for smaller alliances to be made to overthrow them. Siege warfare isnt won primarilly through brute strength, especially on the defending side. Certain measures could be made that keep the fights realistic such as limited lives (why i would suggest a seperate world).

With that said, if you feel this may be too catered toward pvpers then i dont see a reason why there couldnt be a pve dungeon that if completed would allow an area to mine in for a duration. Filled with bosses and everything with 1 life per person. Whoever is left standing in the end has rights in the area to mine with pvp turned off.

The staff lied to us about warshard being reset every so often so if they could get that going then people would have
1: A place to mine (Bastions underground resources arent doing too hot)
2: Every time the map would resett there would be massive pvp so people could get to a good place to mine.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The staff lied to us about warshard being reset every so often so if they could get that going then people would have
1: A place to mine (Bastions underground resources arent doing too hot)
2: Every time the map would resett there would be massive pvp so people could get to a good place to mine.
You have a misconception - at one point, yes Warshard did reset, but that was years ago ;)
A new map is out named "Forgelight" go forth and die.

Aundora

Legacy Supporter 8
Forgelight is already mined out in most places... It'd be nice if forge light was bigger than 1k in every direction :D

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Forgelight is already mined out in most places... It'd be nice if forge light was bigger than 1k in every direction :D
Yes. Very mined out. Check these 2 pictures of a simple ravine that is completely dark and untouched. And even when every cave is lighted up, it isnt mined out. There are about 200 million blocks to mine assuming there are only 50 layers of ground, and this is nowhere near "mined out". Try to go on the edge and find places that look a bit untouched and you'll find a lot of stuff.2012-12-20_21.05.37.png2012-12-20_21.06.28.png

Aundora

Legacy Supporter 8
Yes. Very mined out. Check these 2 pictures of a simple ravine that is completely dark and untouched. And even when every cave is lighted up, it isnt mined out. There are about 200 million blocks to mine assuming there are only 50 layers of ground, and this is nowhere near "mined out". Try to go on the edge and find places that look a bit untouched and you'll find a lot of stuff.View attachment 5504View attachment 5505
Im talking about on floors 8-16 with diamonds, facepalm.