• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion A few odd skills

Crimlake

Wood
Necromancer - Drainsoul: Remove or lower the knockback/knockup effect, it seems rather ridiculous to have a mage smacking someone in full armor around like a rag doll

Ranger - Track: Add a req for it(Such as resource needed)

Disciple: Chakra: Restore 3 stamina instead of consuming, Chakra is inner energy and shouldn't tire you mentally and physically, one would think it would restore these.

General: Summoning for classes, Necro with skele/zomb, Ranger with wolf, etc. Functions similar to the farmers summon?

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Necromancer- It has a knockup?
Ranger- That "could" work but people have so much stuff it would hardly matter
Disciple- Regardless of the inner energy, Its still a heal in Herocraft, its gonna take something from you
General- Summoning is hard to program ffrom what I heard, as cool as it would be.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
General- Summoning is hard to program ffrom what I heard, as cool as it would be.
Uhm, there has been a couple of summong spells already on HC. SummonWolf in Zeal for Beastmasters and Skeleton for Necromancers, also in Zeal. Skeleton was only used as a mana source (Necros could consume undead creatures for mana back then) and SummonWolf had lots of bugs (At one period, beastmasters ran around with 200 wolves)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Necromancer - Drainsoul: Remove or lower the knockback/knockup effect, it seems rather ridiculous to have a mage smacking someone in full armor around like a rag doll

Ranger - Track: Add a req for it(Such as resource needed)

Disciple: Chakra: Restore 3 stamina instead of consuming, Chakra is inner energy and shouldn't tire you mentally and physically, one would think it would restore these.

General: Summoning for classes, Necro with skele/zomb, Ranger with wolf, etc. Functions similar to the farmers summon?
Drainsoul - I wasnt aware of any "major" knockback - it would do the basic knockback that any damage would deal
Ttrack - I think a reagent would be nifty tbh - what would it be, saplings? I think a MAP would be too expensive - thoughts?
Chakra - I can see your point in a lore standpoint - i dont think we'll have it restore stamina - but perhaps just not cost any.
Summons - At the moment, we're not going to touch mob AI. I do want summons in though - just need to find someone that knows a lot about AI before we can really "go with it"

Crimlake

Wood
Drainsoul - I wasnt aware of any "major" knockback - it would do the basic knockback that any damage would deal - I fought a necro in col duel the other day, after poking me with no results he comes at me in melee, knocking me up and around like he was some barbarian and i was a child. Perhaps it's knock up and not knockback? I just know that i was unable to even touch him with melee because i was constantly getting owned by a skill he told me was drainsoul. While i think mages could use some melee capability, i think going rambo as a necro is a bit much
Ttrack - I think a reagent would be nifty tbh - what would it be, saplings? I think a MAP would be too expensive - thoughts? Perhaps it requires a map but doesnt consume, and uses saplings as a reagent? Sounds pretty nifty and lore friendly.
Chakra - I can see your point in a lore standpoint - i dont think we'll have it restore stamina - but perhaps just not cost any. Yeah, lorewise it would seem like something that restores fatigue, not consumes, but you have to factor balancing in as well. I think no stamina cost sounds pretty good.
Summons - At the moment, we're not going to touch mob AI. I do want summons in though - just need to find someone that knows a lot about AI before we can really "go with it" True, would suck to summon a skeleton that shoots you

Crimlake

Wood
Necromancer- It has a knockup?
Ranger- That "could" work but people have so much stuff it would hardly matter
Disciple- Regardless of the inner energy, Its still a heal in Herocraft, its gonna take something from you
Either drainsoul has knockup, or some other necro skill that's available at low level with min-low-no cd, or i met a hacker claiming it was drainsoul D:
As for rangers, track seems rather retarded atm, either have a long cd(like 5m) or make it costly to use, i think it's a little crappy atm.
Chakra uses 3 hunger bars and 15 mana ^_~ perhaps using stamina and not mana or vice versa, but lorewise it makes no sense to use both.
Yeah i have minimal experience in programming, i have no idea how easy or hard this is to program, could be a simple line or a dozen walls of text for all i know

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Chakra doesnt have a warm up, doesnt that kind of make up for its somewhat expensive cost?

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Chakra doesnt have a warm up, doesnt that kind of make up for its somewhat expensive cost?
chakakrararara is disciples best skill imo.
instant debuff from anything + a instant heal.
pls play class b4 you think that unbalancing a skill for lore is a good thing

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
chakakrararara is disciples best skill imo.
instant debuff from anything + a instant heal.
pls play class b4 you think that unbalancing a skill for lore is a good thing
Hmm? Unbalanced? No I think Chakra is a wonderful skill though I dont think its theyre best, Anyhow I wasnt hating on it

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Drainsoul - I wasnt aware of any "major" knockback - it would do the basic knockback that any damage would deal
Ttrack - I think a reagent would be nifty tbh - what would it be, saplings? I think a MAP would be too expensive - thoughts?
Chakra - I can see your point in a lore standpoint - i dont think we'll have it restore stamina - but perhaps just not cost any.
Summons - At the moment, we're not going to touch mob AI. I do want summons in though - just need to find someone that knows a lot about AI before we can really "go with it"

Track- saplings reagent cost sounds neat or make it so it requires you to have a map equipped to use the spell.
Chakra - Maybe it should increase your stamina regeneration for a few seconds....not much but worth the original cost. Not having a cost would be ....bleh.

Danielcan

Legacy Supporter 4
How about reducing chakra's heal to 90 and make it gives you 2 stamina bars and 5 mana.