• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

A few jokes for us Computer Geeks out there.

MorganFX

Legacy Supporter 5
OneLineJokes03.png

• There are only 10 types of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don’t.
  • Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.
  • Be nice to the nerds, for all you know they might be the next Bill Gates!
  • Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
  • To err is human – and to blame it on a computer is even more so.
    • The truth is out there. Anybody got the URL?
    • The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.
    • Some things Man was never meant to know. For everything else, there’s Google.

• The box said ‘Requires Windows Vista or better’. So I installed LINUX.
    • UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
    • In a world without fences and walls, who needs Gates and Windows?
    • C://dos
      C://dos.run
      run.dos.run

• Bugs come in through open Windows.
  • Unix is user friendly. It’s just selective about who its friends are.
  • Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.
  • NT is the only OS that has caused me to beat a piece of hardware to death with my bare hands.
  • My daily Unix command list: unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; unmount; sleep.
  • Microsoft: “You’ve got questions. We’ve got dancing paperclips.”

• If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0.
  • My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
  • Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
  • The more I C, the less I see.
  • Programmers are tools for converting caffeine into code.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Hahahahaha, since I'm a total computer geek, these are funny...

I kinda agree on the Unix command list... it's funny although I don't use the graphical terminal (never even bothered with the old-style terminal) for my daily needs. As some of you may not know, I stripped my laptop of Windows Vista and installed Ubuntu Linux 14.04 (latest version available)... so it's a whole new thing I will have to get used to, since some intuitive stuff involve the command-line and some unique commands...

As a matter of fact, Linux commands are harder than Windows commands, on the command-line, that is... I will give an example of such commands if you guys want to know...

Last edited:

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Hahaha... Those bugs just keep multiplying after you fix one... teeheehee *chuckles*...

Anyways, Imma officially retire my position as a Linux geek, although it's been short-lived (Since January 2014 - April 26, 2014) since I'll be erasing everything and getting Windows XP on it, for compatibility sakes....