• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.8 Prerelease, your thoughts?

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Notch recoded biomes from the ground up, and more or less didn't get around to doing any of the snow/ice biomes in that. They will be making their triumphant return in 1.9.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
So @Kainzo I have a couple questions. You mentioned you're gonna expand the map for 1.8, how much larger will the map be? Since there are new items, like ender pearls which i believe dont have a use thus far... will they be used for any skills in Heroes?

Also, since sprinting will be in, are you gonna allow everyone to move the same speed? or adjust it for certain classes?

I may add some more questions later... i had more but i can't remember them

devinmine

Stone
Ender pearls do the same as pumpkins, you hold an ender pearl and an endermen wont attack you then. so pretty much its helpful cause it give you more sight the pumpkin recieves. it might have another use later on though.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Ender pearls do the same as pumpkins, you hold an ender pearl and an endermen wont attack you then. so pretty much its helpful cause it give you more sight the pumpkin recieves. it might have another use later on though.

False, i just got attacked by an enderman while holding one

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
Preventing Attacks

Wearing a pumpkin on the head will prevent an Enderman from charging at a player. It is important to note that the Endermen will become aggressive if players attack them. It is safe to look at them through transparent blocks like glass, glass panes, iron bars and ice.

devinmine

Stone
Well i know this fact i have is right make sure you bring a bucket a water with you if u huntin for endrmen helps keep them back while damaging them at the same time. also how do you guys think of the new mob cave spiders.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Or, you can, you know, just fight them like real men, players have an attack range of 2 and 1/2 blocks while mobs only have an attack ranged of 2 blocks (excluding skelly's) if you spam attack in their direction, they cant hit you due to knock back

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
you should wait for 1.9 before expanding the map, or does the map still uses the old algorithm for maps?
If it does uses 1.8 new formula then you need to wait for 1.9, at the moment 1.8 does not create some areas of the map like the snow biome .

Since there are oceans, one side of the map could potentially be fully submerged in water.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
im not gona wait for 1.9 for an expansion(unless kain agree's :() im perfectly fine withought having snow biome's. And i do belive, that the moment we update to 1.8 server, it will no longer snow anyways.