• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.8- New Stone Variants, how are we going to get them?

Ultanian

Portal
In 1.8 snapshots, there is the three new variants of stone- granite, diorite, and andesite. All of which can be turned into polished versions. They generate similar to gravel and dirt patches underground and are quite frequent. However, if the Haven expands before it's in 1.8, how are we going to get these wonderful building blocks? Yes, in survival there is a crafting recipe for the three, but it involves nether quartz and can be very expensive to make enough for a sidewalk. What you guys think?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
We'll get to figuring it out when 1.8 comes around.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
I think the easiest way without having to regenerate any existing land or generate new land would be to simply make crafting recipes where you take standard stone with some other ingredient (that's easy to attain in large quantities quickly) to craft the new stone variants, much in the same way you use dyes to make stained glass. Like:

stone + dirt = granite
stone + coal = andesite
stone + gravel = diorite

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
Introduce ruins on shrine?
I was actually going to suggest that a few days back, but then thought that given the size of the shrine map and it being pve only kinda made having and "anything goes" map somewhat unnecessary. But I guess it does make it really easy to introduce new blocks/items/materials onto the world when necessary.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I was actually going to suggest that a few days back, but then thought that given the size of the shrine map and it being pve only kinda made having and "anything goes" map somewhat unnecessary. But I guess it does make it really easy to introduce new blocks/items/materials onto the world when necessary.
It wouldn't nesseserilly an anything goes map more just an additional map to run in conjunction that would be absent of towns etc.

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
the easyest way that i see is to add them to alchemist and then alchemist can sell them

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
honestly it's not much less effort than resetting ruins

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
It wouldn't nesseserilly an anything goes map more just an additional map to run in conjunction that would be absent of towns etc.
I meant "anything goes" as far as griefing being allowed and being able to mine/break wherever the hell you want, where as on shrine griefing is not allowed and for the most part people tent to not want to disturb the visible landscape very much.

Ultanian

Portal
It's craft able in vanilla by adding quartz to cobblestone, which makes diorite, and from there add more quartz for granite or more cobblestone for andesite.

skabo55

Glowing Redstone
I say they use amplified world for pvp, and a normal world for pve. Reset it all, its not like many people even built anything incredibly amazing. (cept port royal)

Id rather see up to date generated maps than walls that go 40 blocks high everywhere I turn

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
I say they use amplified world for pvp, and a normal world for pve. Reset it all, its not like many people even built anything incredibly amazing. (cept port royal)

Id rather see up to date generated maps than walls that go 40 blocks high everywhere I turn
No... just.... no.... Pvp + amplified.... That would make it that classes like dragoon would have a avantage in fights and such.... And the fall damage... oh god the fall damage and pushbacks.
No amplified for pvp.

skabo55

Glowing Redstone
dragoon already have advantages in all fights. If you cant take the fall damage then you shouldnt stand next to cliffs. If you dont want to be pushed back, push them back first. Why do we have to be winnies and play on a boring old map that looks like crap (haven)? If they would have waited to update to 1.6 then all this would have been averted and done right in the first place. I refuse to play any pvp until they make a new map otherwise.

Wish I had heroes plugin coders, then I would go off and make my own heroes server, with better builds and better maps.... otherwise Ill just keep to my day job for now.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!

No one built anything amazing? Have you seen Drakenvale? Or Legacy (inactive granted), or the current home of Aldenshire (formerly Papadapatropolis(sp?)) There are plenty of nice looking towns that have been built.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
I think the easiest way without having to regenerate any existing land or generate new land would be to simply make crafting recipes where you take standard stone with some other ingredient (that's easy to attain in large quantities quickly) to craft the new stone variants, much in the same way you use dyes to make stained glass. Like:

stone + dirt = granite
stone + coal = andesite
stone + gravel = diorite

I really like this idea! I also think regenerating ruins would be a good idea as well (or possibly a new resource map?) I'm really looking forward to 1.8! ^_^

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I really like this idea! I also think regenerating ruins would be a good idea as well (or possibly a new resource map?) I'm really looking forward to 1.8! ^_^

Just give a week notice and regen Ruins - easiest thing to do. Can also add them to alchemist for those who don't want to go to Ruins. You can probably regen Shrine while you're at it, not sure anyone plays there given its current state.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
In 1.8 snapshots, there is the three new variants of stone- granite, diorite, and andesite. All of which can be turned into polished versions. They generate similar to gravel and dirt patches underground and are quite frequent. However, if the Haven expands before it's in 1.8, how are we going to get these wonderful building blocks? Yes, in survival there is a crafting recipe for the three, but it involves nether quartz and can be very expensive to make enough for a sidewalk. What you guys think?

There is a weird data tag in Chunks that allow a chunk to regenerate just the ores and trees (Its used when chunks are originaly made ) , I don't recall if it still works because this was back in 1.6.4