• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.8 and how it will effect us

DavidKkz

TNT
So, I'm sure most of you know Minecraft version 1.8 will be coming out. What you may or may not know is that Granite, Andesite, and Diorite will now generate in stone terrain. Under the water will be Prismarine, Prismarine Bricks, Dark Prismarine, and Sea Lanturns. Course Dirt will be replacing grassless dirt found in Mega Taigas, Mesas, and Savanna biomes. Red Sandstone and Slime Blocks too. Among a bunch of other things, but the question is, will we have them?

Unless the map expands, are these types not available to us? Will we have a new wasteland? Can I run as fast as a bunny?
When will these questions be answered? Find out next time!

DavidKkz

TNT
I'm kind of wondering what happens to current chestshop names too. I know Lapis, for whatever reason, is called blue dye or something. What will happen when Trapdoor is then called Wooden Trapdoor?

Also, I will want to buy and take home a kill rabbit. It will be my pet forever. 100s

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Well when the extra biomes came out last map in an update, there was an expansion of 500-1000 blocks on the main map. I think a 500 increase would be reasonable for new biomes/blocks

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Well when the extra biomes came out last map in an update, there was an expansion of 500-1000 blocks on the main map. I think a 500 increase would be reasonable for new biomes/blocks
Actually ( Incoming 1.8 Information ) the stone types can be crafted I beleive... also most of the new things are featuires and new crafting recipies :D

MajDeath

Portal
Actually ( Incoming 1.8 Information ) the stone types can be crafted I beleive... also most of the new things are featuires and new crafting recipies :D
I'm pretty sure most of the new water blocks can be crafted with the new water mobs drops... right?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
When they put in the FFA world it will probably have all the new biomes as well.. @Kainzo , I'm guessing you will expand both maps by 500+ for 1.8 correct ?

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Speaking as a minority of one, when the 1.8 content comes into Herocraft could we please NOT expand the main worlds? It always ends up looking like crap.

Instead, put the "new" terrain content only in a new world like FFA. That would keep the original PvP and PvE worlds looking not stupid, and would give more people a compelling reason to venture into the FFA world.

Hey, all of you players bemoaning the lack of PvP: what if the only way to get access to the new 1.8 blocks was to go to a world like FFA in which PvP is always enabled?