• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[1.8.0] Installing Optifine and Macro/Keybind Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Hate bug the @Admins but, can we get hc.to/modpack changed to this page? It still goes to the 1.7.2 thread

As an emphasis, this is for Minecraft 1.8.0
NOTE: USE THIS LINK FOR THE MACROMOD FILE IF THE ONE BELOW DOESN'T WORK
NOTE 2: THE OLD MACROMOD DOWNLOAD HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH THE ONE ABOVE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

You will need the following downloads:
  • OptiFine 1.8.0 B4
    • This is the latest version for 1.8.0 as of posting this.
    • 9f581d5270.png
  • liteloader-installer-1.8.0-00-SNAPSHOT.exe
    • This the latest liteloader installer as of posting this.
  • Macro/Keybind Mod 1.8
    • A note by Mumfrey, the developer of this mod...
    • "The betas aren't a release, the main downloads are right there in the OP and the betas are basically only available to people who see the beta post when it's made and I have a policy of not linking to them after that because they're not for general consumption, they are for people who are prepared to beta test. Finding the beta is kind of an initiative test which you have to pass in order to qualify for that, and given that it normally only involves reading back a few pages in the thread then if people aren't prepared to put in that level of effort, then they're probably not going to bother making a bug report when they find things that don't work.
      Sorry if you feel singled out but this has literally been my policy for the last 3 years and everyone here understands that." (From his original thread)
    • Because of this, I strongly encourage the users of this development build to SUBMIT A BUG REPORT TO HIS THREAD if anything comes up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Close any open instances of Minecraft and the Launcher.

We'll want to start off with installing OptiFine. Open the "OptiFine_1.8.0_HD_U_B4.jar" file, then click "Install."

f49ffcceef.png

Next, we'll install liteloader.
Open the "liteloader-installer-1.8.0-00-SNAPSHOT.exe" file, then click "Extend from:" dropdown menu. Select "1.8-OptiFine_HD_U_B4." Click "OK.

2a2a213df1.png

Open the Minecraft Launcher. Use the profile named "Liteloader 1.8 with Optifine_HD_U_B4." Click "Play."
This will create the "mods" folder where we'll be installing the Macro/Keybind mod.
Close Minecraft.

Now for the sauce. Go to your ".minecraft" directory (Windows Key + R, %appdata%)
There should be a folder called "mods."
Copy the "Macro-Keybind-Mod-1.8.litemod" file into the folder.

We have now installed all 3 mods. Use the "Liteloader 1.8 with Optifine_HD_U_B4" profile to play your nerd games you nerd.

2b05e03b54.png

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
@Admins

Requesting this to be shortlinked to Hc.to/Modpack please.

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
I can't seem to get this to work, although I am using Optifine 1.8.1 version if that means anything. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.