• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[1.8.0] Installing Optifine and Macro/Keybind Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Lolrus

TNT
The preferred method is now to use the HEROCRAFT Launcher! download it via http://hc.to/launcher

As an emphasis, this is for Minecraft 1.8.0
NOTE: USE THIS LINK FOR THE MACROMOD FILE IF THE ONE BELOW DOESN'T WORK
NOTE 2: THE OLD MACROMOD DOWNLOAD HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH THE ONE ABOVE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

You will need the following downloads:
  • OptiFine 1.8.0 B4
    • This is the latest version for 1.8.0 as of posting this.
    • 9f581d5270.png
  • liteloader-installer-1.8.0-00-SNAPSHOT.exe
    • This the latest liteloader installer as of posting this.
  • Macro/Keybind Mod 1.8
    • A note by Mumfrey, the developer of this mod...
    • "The betas aren't a release, the main downloads are right there in the OP and the betas are basically only available to people who see the beta post when it's made and I have a policy of not linking to them after that because they're not for general consumption, they are for people who are prepared to beta test. Finding the beta is kind of an initiative test which you have to pass in order to qualify for that, and given that it normally only involves reading back a few pages in the thread then if people aren't prepared to put in that level of effort, then they're probably not going to bother making a bug report when they find things that don't work.
      Sorry if you feel singled out but this has literally been my policy for the last 3 years and everyone here understands that." (From his original thread)
    • Because of this, I strongly encourage the users of this development build to SUBMIT A BUG REPORT TO HIS THREAD if anything comes up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Close any open instances of Minecraft and the Launcher.

We'll want to start off with installing OptiFine. Open the "OptiFine_1.8.0_HD_U_B4.jar" file, then click "Install."

f49ffcceef.png

Next, we'll install liteloader.
Open the "liteloader-installer-1.8.0-00-SNAPSHOT.exe" file, then click "Extend from:" dropdown menu. Select "1.8-OptiFine_HD_U_B4." Click "OK.

2a2a213df1.png

Open the Minecraft Launcher. Use the profile named "Liteloader 1.8 with Optifine_HD_U_B4." Click "Play."
This will create the "mods" folder where we'll be installing the Macro/Keybind mod.
Close Minecraft.

Now for the sauce. Go to your ".minecraft" directory (Windows Key + R, %appdata%)
There should be a folder called "mods."
Copy the "Macro-Keybind-Mod-1.8.litemod" file into the folder.

We have now installed all 3 mods. Use the "Liteloader 1.8 with Optifine_HD_U_B4" profile to play your nerd games you nerd.

2b05e03b54.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Ya I did something similar a number of weeks ago.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
As an emphasis, this is for Minecraft 1.8.0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

You will need the following downloads:
  • OptiFine 1.8.0 B4
    • This is the latest version for 1.8.0 as of posting this.
    • 9f581d5270.png
  • liteloader-installer-1.8.0-00-SNAPSHOT.exe
    • This the latest liteloader installer as of posting this.
  • Macro/Keybind Mod 1.8
    • A note by Mumfrey, the developer of this mod...
    • "The betas aren't a release, the main downloads are right there in the OP and the betas are basically only available to people who see the beta post when it's made and I have a policy of not linking to them after that because they're not for general consumption, they are for people who are prepared to beta test. Finding the beta is kind of an initiative test which you have to pass in order to qualify for that, and given that it normally only involves reading back a few pages in the thread then if people aren't prepared to put in that level of effort, then they're probably not going to bother making a bug report when they find things that don't work.
      Sorry if you feel singled out but this has literally been my policy for the last 3 years and everyone here understands that." (From his original thread)
    • Because of this, I strongly encourage the users of this development build to SUBMIT A BUG REPORT TO HIS THREAD if anything comes up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Close any open instances of Minecraft and the Launcher.

We'll want to start off with installing OptiFine. Open the "OptiFine_1.8.0_HD_U_B4.jar" file, then click "Install."

f49ffcceef.png

Next, we'll install liteloader.
Open the "liteloader-installer-1.8.0-00-SNAPSHOT.exe" file, then click "Extend from:" dropdown menu. Select "1.8-OptiFine_HD_U_B4." Click "OK.

2a2a213df1.png

Open the Minecraft Launcher. Use the profile named "Liteloader 1.8 with Optifine_HD_U_B4." Click "Play."
This will create the "mods" folder where we'll be installing the Macro/Keybind mod.
Close Minecraft.

Now for the sauce. Go to your ".minecraft" directory (Windows Key + R, %appdata%)
There should be a folder called "mods."
Copy the "Macro-Keybind-Mod-1.8.litemod" file into the folder.

We have now installed all 3 mods. Use the "Liteloader 1.8 with Optifine_HD_U_B4" profile to play your nerd games you nerd.

2b05e03b54.png
Few questions:

Can i use all this before the server updates to 1.8?

also could you add installing the newest reis minimap to this? or is that not updated for 1.8?

@Mr_Lolrus

Mr_Lolrus

TNT
@CoolBeans279 "Someone" tried using Voxelmap but the server kept transfering "him" to and fro the void world (the one we go to when a server restarts), and it didn't do that when "said person" disabled the mod. I'm guessing it's blocked.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
@CoolBeans279 "Someone" tried using Voxelmap but the server kept transfering "him" to and fro the void world (the one we go to when a server restarts), and it didn't do that when "said person" disabled the mod. I'm guessing it's blocked.
radar is blocked I am pretty sure? @Kainzo

ChazzaMaGazza

ICE ICE ICE!
[
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Hey, that tickles! Hehehe!

Time: 12/27/14 9:48 AM
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class com.mumfrey.liteloader.util.Input, but interface was expected
at net.eq2online.macros.input.InputHandlerModuleJInput.<init>(InputHandlerModuleJInput.java:90)
at net.eq2online.macros.core.MacroModCore.initInputHandler(MacroModCore.java:365)
at net.eq2online.macros.core.MacroModCore.onTickInGUI(MacroModCore.java:844)
at net.eq2online.macros.LiteModMacros.onTick(LiteModMacros.java:127)
at com.mumfrey.liteloader.core.event.HandlerList$Tickable9.onTick(HandlerList$Tickable9.java:100)
at com.mumfrey.liteloader.client.LiteLoaderEventBrokerClient.onTick(LiteLoaderEventBrokerClient.java:406)
at com.mumfrey.liteloader.client.CallbackProxyClient.onTick(CallbackProxyClient.java:69)
at com.mumfrey.liteloader.core.event.EventProxy.$event00005(EventProxy.java:216)
at bsu.as(SourceFile:903)
at bsu.a(SourceFile:314)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:120)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.8
Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.10
Java Version: 1.6.0_65, Apple Inc.
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Apple Inc.
Memory: 72316544 bytes (68 MB) / 204582912 bytes (195 MB) up to 1065025536 bytes (1015 MB)
JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx1G
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
Launched Version: 1.8
LWJGL: 2.9.2
OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 6770M OpenGL Engine GL version 2.1 ATI-1.28.29, ATI Technologies Inc.
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using GL 1.3 texture combiners.
Using framebuffer objects because ARB_framebuffer_object is supported and separate blending is supported.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.
VBOs are available because OpenGL 1.5 is supported.

Using VBOs: No
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'LiteLoader'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (UK)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
SPOILER]

@Coders @Kainzo

Sutokien

Wood
So I've been doing this for about and hour, and i just can't seem to get it to work, I've done exactly as the guide says and I have even tried what @Mr_Lolrus has suggested and it just no worky :( Here's the crash report, pls halp. :(

Attachments

• crash report.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 5

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm following the guide and can't seem to get it to work. If I go through the entire process it crashes right when I try to run minecraft. I installed just optifine and it starts fine, but then if I try to start a world it crashes. Here's the crash report with just Optifine. Please help.

Attachments

• crash-2014-12-30_16.49.23-client.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Sutokien

Wood
idk, i was crashing first time i did it so i deleted meta inf and was fine.
Frustrating, I've never had such a big problem with modding. think you could send me your macros? I think the one in the link might be broken, when i take it out, everything works fine.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Frustrating, I've never had such a big problem with modding. think you could send me your macros? I think the one in the link might be broken, when i take it out, everything works fine.
I used the one from the link so giving you mine wouldn't help :/

Status
Not open for further replies.