• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Zombie Apocalypse

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9
So we all know mobs are supposed to be getting stronger, right? More exp, you know how it'll be. Creepers run faster than lightning and blow up in a split second, skeletons will shoot a thousand arrows at once, zombies will throw cleavers, and spiders will shoot web bullets that will not only slow you down but hurt you! Well...it probably wont be like that...but it sure wouldn't be a walk in the park.Anyhow, my good buddy Alphesie bless his/her little heart came up with a great idea and I just kinda went on a spin with it. He thought up an event, we can do maybe once every maybe 3 months or so called the Zombie Apocalypse. Here's the ordeal, I'll also write a lore about it as well...But to make it simple. It's a week long event where everything seems fine at first...but by the end of the week (Sunday) It's a fight for not only your life, but every one elses lives as well. This event will force the bad guys to work with the good guys and good guys to fight with the bad. It may force enemy townships to whether save each other, or let them perish under the massive hoards. But I digress...let's go through the week long event starting at Monday.

Monday - Everything seems fine, nothing too bad is going on. It's just another day in Minecraft. Throughout the day, you may see 5-10 zombies appear in one batch. A skeleton here and there, a couple spiders maybe and a creeper or two.

Tuesday - Things start getting wierd. 15 - 20 zombies will appear as a batch and seem to keep together, and attack anyone that comes by. May be a good idea to travel with a companion. Spiders and creepers don't seem to spawn anymore.

Wednesday - Things start to get bad. 50 zombies will appear as a batch slowly make their way to townships or personal regions. Group travel highly recommended. Skeletons no longer spawn

Thursday - Townships are fighting to keep the zombies outside the walls. Luckily there aren't quite too many, and they may be kept outside without actually retreating to the inner walls, but if you're unprepared...be ready to fight behind closed doors.

Friday - It's too much for the townships to stand outside their walls and fight. They must retreat to the inner walls and attempt to keep them out as a last ditch effort.

Saturday - Townships retreat. Everyone slowly makes their way back to spawn. Due to odd occurrences, wizard ports are not working. group teleports wont work, regular ports wont work. You have to fight your way to spawn.

Sunday - This is it. The zombie apocalypse has hit our home. The place where we had begun our adventure. It's a fight to keep it from becoming a wasteland not too much different from our towns and our homes.

- But let's say you die, not everyone will survive this ordeal. -

At this point, you will return to a graveyard. Hopefully you have a weapon on you, because you will have to fight your way out back to your loved ones and your friends at your town, or your friend that was left alone because the two of you couldn't quite fight them off. Or you have to return to your group. You can choose whether to fight alongside others, or fight your own way out..

- But you say, "Now hold on...there are bandits on this server...Not all of them will work as a team" -

You are right! We got real bandits on this server...buggers that get off on tormenting newer players because they're bored with their lives. Here's what could happen with them. We all hate bad people, we all hate how they get away with everything, right? This is the zombie apocalypse. Those who choose to prey on their fellow man may be left on the road. Zombies wont take them in, they're food to them. We may not take them in, they're just going to camp the graveyards or kill our men. They'll be left alone to fend for themselves. Not the strongest wizard nor ninja can stand against a horde of zombies. Choose to be a bandit if you will, but know there are consequences for your actions.

- You also may say "I'm not doing this without an award! I better get lots of exp and nice stuff!" -

An award...Can't say I know what to give...maybe to the one who kills the most zombies, we could make a title called "Zombie Slayer" or whatever. To the one who sacrificed himself so that his men/women could get to a safe place, maybe "Martyr" or something...Item wise, not sure if it'd work that way...we all know once you die you can lose it. We all know that right after the event, bandits will be up in arms to scour the roads to nab what they can from innocent people. It may be best to leave it to the admins, mods and the devs...All I can ask, is please don't screw us over.

- "You said a bit ago...townships will be in ruin? For example, you said {It's a fight to keep it from becoming a wasteland not too much different from our towns} The hell is up with that?! All our work will be for nothing?!!?! That's a horrible idea!!!" -

Here's the thing with that. In order for this event to be actually fun...There must be sacrifices...but! I'm sure there's a nice restart button to make the server as purty as it was. It may be wise to basically save everything and not do a thing after the server "autosaves?" [Not sure if that's a thing....] But if that can't be done...Maybe, just maybe we can do it on the creative server or something. Or we can just say screw it. It's the zombie apocalypse people! You can't expect this to be easy. Besides...in 5 months time, none of this will matter. Everything you've done will be gone except for your experience and the friends you've made...and of course the knowledge you gained. Also, if zombies can break blocks...and crap just gets bad.. and your entire area is desecrated. Work together to rebuild, and to make it better. Create traps for raiders, and of course get ready for the next month's zombie nightmare.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all, I thank you for taking the time to read this jumbled mess. I do hope all your days be happy and your nights be restful. And most of all, have a great time in Herocraft. Even with it's nastiness, crazyness and all-round pissed off because a skeleton shot a creeper in your face...herocraft is a great game, and I couldn't be happier finding this and meeting all of you knuckleheads. Do take care and and a wonderful day/night wherever you may be.

Last edited:

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I really like this idea. I am a mostly a solo player and I don't know anyone else on the server. Due to the "bad" players I've run across I keep to myself and have a high distrust of anyone else I come across out and about. None the less this sounds like it would be an amazing event and perhaps even help me get to know my good neighbors!

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
This sounds like a very fun idea and I would think easily to incorporate. HC STaff may have to tweak the spawns so they appear within well lit areas - such as within towns and such. Perhaps zombies can even take on the skins of player's they've killed ? That would rock on the last day or two. So if I was killed by the zombie hoard then 1 zombie would appear with my 'drow' skin and wonder around killing people until killed. This will help with the confusion as to who is an ememy and who isn't :)

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
If something like this is codable, which I am not certain that it is, it certainly is not something that can be reset and done every few weeks. That would be a nightmare. What would be really cool however is to do something along these lines at the end of each map. Usually once map reset is announced the server population drops drastically. Something like this may mitigate that to an extent while increasing the fun factor for those who still play during the transition.

They'll be left alone to fend for themselves. Not the strongest wizard nor ninja can stand against a horde of zombies.
Liar...
to make this more fun, everyday the zombies get a speed and str boost, so ur completely screwed if ur stuck alone
:p

Ultanian

Portal
So the zombies dont die, I think there should be eternal night. Or always raining.

Nate Olson

Gold
There should be something like a nightly hunt, and whoever kills the most mobs at the end of the night wins. I dunno. I like the Zombie Apocalypse. Who doesn't love zombies?