• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Zeal addons!

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I have been talking to many people in HC recently and one of the main things they say have been lacking in HC are some of the aspects in Zeal which made HC so magical like:

North Road: People miss this so much because it was ‘Player Made’ and it was a place were you could lay traps, make shops and have mass wars. I believe if we brought this back PvP would be tons funner.

Beast Master: I know ranger has wolves but to be brutally honest they are a waste of time and Beast Master was the most funnest class I have experienced it is a tanky rogue spec and it would actually give wolves a purpose. It would also be personally awesome to see Beast Master come back.

Editing Roads: I remember when I first got on HC and I walked down the roads into the wilderness I would see shops everywhere along the roads and there would be some creepy/crazy guy waiting in there ready to kill me and take my iron sword. (mainly dils1)

Arena: I know people use the spawn pits but the arena was the true test of skill, it was the one place were you know there was going to be a true 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 etc. Because there was no way out unless you jumped through a hole.

These are the main things in my own opinion, if anyone has other ideas feel free to add them.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I have been talking to many people in HC recently and one of the main things they say have been lacking in HC are some of the aspects in Zeal which made HC so magical like:

North Road: People miss this so much because it was ‘Player Made’ and it was a place were you could lay traps, make shops and have mass wars. I believe if we brought this back PvP would be tons funner.

Beast Master: I know ranger has wolves but to be brutally honest they are a waste of time and Beast Master was the most funnest class I have experienced it is a tanky rogue spec and it would actually give wolves a purpose. It would also be personally awesome to see Beast Master come back.

Editing Roads: I remember when I first got on HC and I walked down the roads into the wilderness I would see shops everywhere along the roads and there would be some creepy/crazy guy waiting in there ready to kill me and take my iron sword. (mainly dils1)

Arena: I know people use the spawn pits but the arena was the true test of skill, it was the one place were you know there was going to be a true 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 etc. Because there was no way out unless you jumped through a hole.

These are the main things in my own opinion, if anyone has other ideas feel free to add them.
Player made roads were something new on Zeal (from what I remember Sanctum had regioned roads. Could be wrong). Things change. Some people liked it, some didn't.
I am not a staff member, but the free roads caused many headaches for mod+ from constant petitions over griefing, blocking roads, camping, etc.

Nothing about regioned roads is stopping people from making these road shops again.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I agree with all of this.

For imput:

Removal of MA's and professions.

With the removal of MA's, people would have to go more around in the wilderness or mine to level. It will create more world pvp, instead of people camping at a Mob Arena.

In Zeal, people who chose crafter would lack the ability to pvp what so ever, but they get abilites that no combat class can give them. The crafter specs was rare and their services expensive. It made people hire masons, smiths, engineers etc. so the professions would earn coin. Now there is so many people being the different professions, that the services is mostly given free from friend to friend. Mining should give exp to combat classes aswell, just like it used to.

Rails going out from spawn.

When traveling far, people would often use the rails going out from spawn to North, West, East and South. It made travel easier and people would have easier access to the edges of the map.

More requirements for townships

If you wanted to create a town in Zeal, you would have to gather 7.5K coins, get 10 members, make a town hall and make an Inn. With more requirements, people would band together and create bigger towns and communities instead of making a 5 citizen Hamlet with no design skill what so ever. When an Inn and town hall was required, people would have to make the town look good because these 2 major buildings would need admins approval on design aswell (So noone would make a dirt hut/cobble box for townhall/Inn).
Also add the item requirement for town creation and upgrade. Town = 64 iron blocks, City = 64 discs (?), etc.

P

Plob5

Great Ideas! I like the old need '64 dia blocks' and the north road was a blast! I suggest taking away MA and giving more exp for killing mobs in wild (not that much just like from 28-->35'ish) !

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not interested in restricting professions.
Not interested in giving mining exp to COMBAT professions

^ these are a step backwards for the server.
The item requirement is being re-implemented via the town bank system.
MobArena system is being re-evaluated.
Leveling in the overworld is also being re-evaluated.
Arena is already implemented in the spawn area. A smaller cage is possible.
The Quest system will be the 'way' to level, giving massive exp for difficult quests and fair exp for easy quests.
Township difficulty will go hand in hand with the new auto tax system and item requirements to upgrade.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
If this happened, I would quit cuz mining sux
That's how every combat class leveled in Zeal (except illegal spawners). Even I spent hours every day to level combat.

Another thing is: Town Tax

In Zeal, you had to pay 250c tax for a regular town. Now, the tax for same town size is 100c. Higher town tax ~ More people banding together to pay the costs of owning a town.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
The item requirement is being re-implemented via the town bank
The Quest system will be the 'way' to level, giving massive exp for difficult quests and fair exp for easy quests.
Yay

A

Aburido_burrito

About BM, combine ninja and thief (balance it of course) and bring back BM.

Keffalump

Soulsand
i would LOVE to see beast master come back, but the only question would be, what path would you follow to become it? maybe a new primary class can be put in for specialties. i would say off the top of my head,
Base class: Shaman
Specs: Lycanthrope(cooler name for beast master)
Huskar(focuses on souls-lifesteal/soulbonds/aoe dmg+minor self dmg)
Phantom(focuses on stealth/stuns/slows)
Lich(focuses on nuking - dmg boosts/aoe/snares)
anything can be adjustable/ help with skills would be appreciated

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Not interested in restricting professions.
Not interested in giving mining exp to COMBAT professions

^ these are a step backwards for the server.
The item requirement is being re-implemented via the town bank system.
MobArena system is being re-evaluated.
Arena is already implemented in the spawn area. A smaller cage is possible.
Township difficulty will go hand in hand with the new auto tax system and item requirements to upgrade.

With all due respect, your steps forward I feel has made hc lose some of it's magic, I miss having to mine to get levels and expecting to die halfway through your trip because a ranger tracked you. I miss the hardcore action which came from north road and the intense feel of threat every time you walked around.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
With all due respect, your steps forward I feel has made hc lose some of it's magic, I miss having to mine to get levels and expecting to die halfway through your trip because a ranger tracked you. I miss the hardcore action which came from north road and the intense feel of threat every time you walked around.
The past is the past and you cant change that

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I would love to see the Beastmaster come back, however

253791_926179851049_1196789_n.jpg

They could never get the summon wolf skills to work correctly, and it became a huge pain in the ass. Unless someone can write the team a perfect, unabusable skill/pack system, it likely won't come back.