• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion World Expanding

AngelicGrim

Glowing Redstone
I honestly don't know if i am breaking a rule by opening this suggestion thread but i figured i had some good ideas that i would love to see implemented for a wider ranged, more interesting and enjoyable play style on the server. as a modded minecraft player i think a few mods from experience might actually be wonderful additions to the world and make it different and better.

[Mods]
Tinker's Construct
- This mod adds so many new weapons to the game as well as tools, and you can mix and match parts when creating them to give them different properties. This kind of mod while adding a LOT to the game is also relatively small and if you make only the smith class be the class able to construct the tools, then i believe you could make it easily balanced by allowing certain weapons and disallowing others. The rapier would probably need to be disabled as its base damage is low but it ignores armor. The enchanting system for tinkers includes adding items to a tool in the same place you create it, i dont know if you could split that between the smith class and the enchanter so the enchanter can only have the enchanting part.

Natura - This mod adds plenty of new things to the world to find and experience such as giant Redwood trees, making the nether look different with large spines, hell dirt, new mobs and adds new materials to expand on Tinker's

Grimiore of Gaia - This mod will add so many new mobs to the world that even people who say "i have never died by a minecraft mob" will be overwhelmed, killed and not know how to fight them all. every mob in this mod is new, expansive and a lot of them are actually females. There are anything from minotaurs to spriggans to dryads to even the ender dragon girl in the end which wed probably never even see.

TL;DR - i think that these mods added into the game with some tweaking like vanilla minecraft has been would be great additions to the world and would make it better

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The problem with these mods, is that all players would need them to function and Heroes doesn't respect the mods since we're using spigot, not forge-based spigot.

I agree though, these would be awesome.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Other than what Kainzo said, tinkers' construct would be difficult to make work with the heroes plunging since they can be so op, natural would involve expanding the world beyond all the loaded chunks and even further to allow the biomes to exist at all, and grimiore would just be an extension of custom mobs.

AngelicGrim

Glowing Redstone
Ah i understand, i figured since we were using a modpack on technic that it could be possible and i was thinking the natura mod for possibly the next map that is released. i would have to disagree on the op factor of tinkers, only with the thermal expansion addition into the game does tinkers wind up dealing higher than 14 base damage we deal more dmg with smite as a disciple, with thermal expansion and ender io however you can make a large cleaver that deals 28.5 base hearts of damage straight up by itself, i figure the rapier would be the most over powered item because it does ignore armor, literally every amount of damage it deals ignores armor so that would be a bad addition to a game where armor really matters. Bows can be disabled and same with the crossbow, though i dont know how to actually do that myself. and with the thermal expansion and ender io i happen to know how to make a crossbow that deals over 96.5 hearts worth of dmg as well so i would suggest normal vanilla bows to be the only bows in the game if this could ever be a thing. but something that adds newer and scarier mobs, that would be a much welcome addition in my opinion. The reason i suggested grimiore of gaia is because the added mobs from it have literally been the only time ive ever been scared of minecraft, harpies swooping in to kill you in the mesa/canyons, minotaurs raiding your home in the plains, werecats destroying you in the jungle and woodlands. those plus perhaps even a mod called "ender zoo" which adds a new mob called "fallen knight" occasionally these armor wearing zombies riding undead horses will show up and just own people, can be rather scary when dealing with multiple mobs.