• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wolves and Rangers

johnnjlee

TNT
So I have noticed that the mob spawn rate has been nerfed a whole lot. So the perk that allows one to tame a wolf as a ranger is almost useless. I propose that instead of farmers summoning squid, they summon wolves, or add a skill. Its regents could be a bone.

Edit - Perhaps the ranger could summon a wolf equal to their level to assist them in combat.

Edit - Perhaps the ranger could only summon one wolf at a time and could not be bred (1/9/15)

Sincerely The Scarved Warrior Johnnjlee

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
This has been asked for for a long ass time. And I agree. Even before the mob limit, wolves were very hard to find. Although they are really useless in PvP due to AoE's and armor.
(Although, a 100 wolf army would look pretty cool)

I also believe wolves should be a little more viable to use. They have hp equal to a passive mob so they die easily and they deal almost no damage (Considering they have to go through armor).

johnnjlee

TNT
Agreed, perhaps the wolves could be summoned by the ranger, and would level as the ranger would level. I am going to edit it real quick.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Just make it a summon like how every noob thinks necro is, make the ranger summon the wolf for something like 3 minutes and his health and damage scale off of the rangers level

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Do you mean like,

reagents are 1 bone

Would summon a wolf with lets say 400 health taking 150 health from the ranger upon casting

The wolf would lose 15 health every 12 seconds, so after 3 minutes they will die.

idk just trying to get my head around this, when I played ranger I always thought a skill like this would be useful.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Do you mean like,

reagents are 1 bone

Would summon a wolf with lets say 400 health taking 150 health from the ranger upon casting

The wolf would lose 15 health every 12 seconds, so after 3 minutes they will die.

idk just trying to get my head around this, when I played ranger I always thought a skill like this would be useful.
No no.

Wolves would have "Levels' similar to how mobs scale going from spawn.
As the Ranger got stronger so would his wolves.

Regent: 1 Bone
Cd: 2 Minutes
Call of the Wild: You call for aid from the wild. 1-3 wolves rush to your aid. They are automatically tamed, and get stronger as you level.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
No no.

Wolves would have "Levels' similar to how mobs scale going from spawn.
As the Ranger got stronger so would his wolves.

Regent: 1 Bone
Cd: 2 Minutes
Call of the Wild: You call for aid from the wild. 1-3 wolves rush to your aid. They are automatically tamed, and get stronger as you level.
I think it would be easyer to make it so the Wolf's Level on summoning will be based on your current level and not level with you, but aside from that it sounds good :D

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I think it would be easyer to make it so the Wolf's Level on summoning will be based on your current level and not level with you, but aside from that it sounds good :D
That more what I meant. I dont mean it gains XP, but when you get lvl 2 he's lvl 2 etc

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
In before the Beast Master nostalgia starts up.

I’ll say the same thing here that I always say when the wolf threads show up. Find/code us a functional bug-less wolf summon plugin and we’ll see if we can work it in.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
In before the Beast Master nostalgia starts up.

I’ll say the same thing here that I always say when the wolf threads show up. Find/code us a functional bug-less wolf summon plugin and we’ll see if we can work it in.
Couldn't it be based off the current summon skills for farmer? For just summoning, I know nothing about how to code the level part.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Staff member
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Couldn't it be based off the current summon skills for farmer? For just summoning, I know nothing about how to code the level part.
We'd want to limit how many wolves a player can manage, and just spawning tamable wolves won't
address that. A couple rangers get together, spend some time to spawn a shit ton of wolves, one person tames all of them and goes on a rampage isn’t how we would want it to function.

We tried something with the Beastmaster, but the system kept breaking allowing me to do this:
Untitled.png

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
We'd want to limit how many wolves a player can manage, and just spawning tamable wolves won't
address that. A couple rangers get together, spend some time to spawn a shit ton of wolves, one person tames all of them and goes on a rampage isn’t how we would want it to function.

We tried something with the Beastmaster, but the system kept breaking allowing me to do this:
View attachment 10136
Isn't that why wolves were give like 200 hp?