• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard - Scry

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
Divination my good fellows! The ability to gather player coords as a wizard.

It mats would have to take more time to set up or be harder to do. Personally, I think it should only be useable while next to an enchanting table, and maybe cost glass (crystal ball).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

It mats would have to take more time to set up or be harder to do. Personally, I think it should only be useable while next to an enchanting table, and maybe cost glass (crystal ball).
I'd like to have a scry style ability but I don't think it would track players. When I hear scry I think of tracking information / lists or even spells.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I'd like to have a scry style ability but I don't think it would track players. When I hear scry I think of tracking information / lists or even spells.
Would a group Scan work as tracking information? Like, you use the skill on a person you see, and if the person is in a party, it shows the same information as Scan, but tells the stuff about all the party's members.

N0b0dy

TNT

What if you could use an ability similar to this to display the location to an item that would teach whoever reads it a spell or ability, or gave them a boost in some stat such as strength or intellect. @Kainzo

Edit: You would have to know the item your searching for, it would cost something expensive to cast (Diamonds?), and have a relatively large cooldown.

For Example: /scry [Item to be scryed for]

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8

No, the class would need to lose GTP and Port to justify adding utility. The main money makers for combat classes are Track and Spawn Ports, a single non-support class will NEVER have both.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
What if you could use an ability similar to this to display the location to an item that would teach whoever reads it a spell or ability, or gave them a boost in some stat such as strength or intellect. @Kainzo

Edit: You would have to know the item your searching for, it would cost something expensive to cast (Diamonds?), and have a relatively large cooldown.

For Example: /scry [Item to be scryed for]
Now it just looks like you want to buff wizard in a random way....

Correct me if needed, but I think Kainzo means a skill like Scan that also does things like /showitem the Target's Weapon/Armor.

@Kainzo an example implementation?
/skill Scry: Scan's the target, giving Mana level and /showitem's their Gear to the Wizard. Not a mouseover skill, but not entirely Global either, or Global but requiring a physical structure like an enchanting table to be nearby.

N0b0dy

TNT
No, the class would need to lose GTP and Port to justify adding utility. The main money makers for combat classes are Track and Spawn Ports, a single non-support class will NEVER have both.

I am just adding on a quest/adventure type thing to this suggestion I do not think it should go on wizard that is a little overkill.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
The last thing this server needs are a bunch of wizards running around tracking people, at least now it at least requires them to either buy a track or have a friend who is a ranger. If wizards could track the kill feed would be crazy, track and port.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
By the way, this thread is almost a year old. That being said, I do like this idea.