• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wither Skill Shot

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Wither's constant damage prevents sprinting, does not break upon application of other effects like fire or poison, and additionally affects the quality of gameplay the target experiences (dizzy or whatever, cant see health easily).

This is a strong skill to be Mouse-over. All other skills that apply movement/aim inhibiting over time effects are skill shots.

I suggest changing it to a skill shot, like an IceBolt that applies Wither instead of the direct Ice slow.

This should bring wither to the same level as other skills. It is currently the only movement speed, aim, and status-affecting DoT that is mouseover.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Wither's constant damage prevents sprinting, does not break upon application of other effects like fire or poison, and additionally affects the quality of gameplay the target experiences (dizzy or whatever, cant see health easily).

This is a strong skill to be Mouse-over. All other skills that apply movement/aim inhibiting over time effects are skill shots.

I suggest changing it to a skill shot, like an IceBolt that applies Wither instead of the direct Ice slow.

This should bring wither to the same level as other skills. It is currently the only movement speed, aim, and status-affecting DoT that is mouseover.

Also, wither DOES effect movement, so why can't you escape artist or imper it?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
yes, however, it is still a cc that should be able to be escaped
The problem is - if you escape, then none of the Withering damage is done. Since Withering is only 20MP with a 14 second CD, that might not be the worst thing in the world, though.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I don't really like the idea of adding more skillshots to pyro if I'm honest. This will just lead to either:
A) Add More kiting to a supposed melee caster (who already kites a lot as it is)
or
B) Create another ChaosOrb-esque situation where the skillshot is a huge pain in the ass and not very fun to use.

I'd rather address the strengths of withering in an alternate way.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
A quick point: nothing about Wither being a mouseover skill means people won't use it for kiting, however I concede that forcing pyros to land a skillshot might lock pyros into the mindset of the 'kiter' more.

I'd rather address the strengths of withering in an alternate way.
  • The loss of mobility is from the rapid damage ticks of wither.
  • Due to the issue with HeroesSkills overruling the prevention of multiple melee hit registration, Wither has been one of the few DoT skills to escape the "longer ticks, harder ticks" sweeping changes that happened a while back, keeping it as one of the only "mobility loss through pure tick damage" skills around. Hurray, diversity! I like this.
  • Is it possible to alter the vanilla specs of Wither? I would guess no, or we would use varied forms of withering (ie no health bar effect, varied tick dmg and timing) to "copy" other skills like Envenom and implement them in their original form without the annoying overrule issue in bullet#2.
If it is impossible to alter the specifics of vanilla wither that the skill Wither uses(?), then we are left we few balancing options such as increased cooldown or cost. This sort of mobility reduction fits well with a melee based class, yet it should be used at a greater cost either through %chance to miss or increased cd/cost.

An alternate way idea:
Wither and another skill (Fireblast?) could share a cooldown, with either one triggering an identical cooldown for both. This would uniquely force Wither to be used with a less bursty combo, or for Fireblast to be used to quickly take down a target who will otherwise flee.
if implemented additional balancing obvs req.

KleenX

Iron
An alternate way idea:
Wither and another skill (Fireblast?) could share a cooldown, with either one triggering an identical cooldown for both. This would uniquely force Wither to be used with a less bursty combo, or for Fireblast to be used to quickly take down a target who will otherwise flee.
if implemented additional balancing obvs req.

I like this idea and I think this could be added to other classes aswell to force people to pick their role in a situation. Do I wanna burst or do I wanna slow?