• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Why I don't ''level up''.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
So I was curious to see how long it would take me to go from Level 1 to 65, as a Wizard.

The total amount of EXP needed to get to level 65 is around 125000 (or very, very close to there).

If I get 50 EXP every time I vote, then I can get a minimum of 400 EXP a day via voting alone (presuming I don't get lucky).

If I am to do quests every day (which I can't at the moment, but still), then I can make 990 EXP a day via quests alone (presuming that the values on the Wiki are accurate, and that I can not do the ''Mail Delivery'' quest again).

If I am to only kill creepers, skeletons, zombies and spiders, then the average amount of EXP I would make via MOB killing would be around 30.

So presume I spend 2 hours a day killing MOBs. I use a huge flat surface and kill 1 MOB every minute. That's 60 MOBs an hour, making the amount of EXP gained to be 1800 per hour, or 3600 for 2 hours.

Put that together, and I can currently make 4000 EXP a day (I could spend more time slaying MOBs, but meh, that's not really my thing...).

So it would take me 125000/4000 = 31 days to get from level 1 to level 65. Am I missing something?

Dear god, please can someone tell me how people level up so fast. :confused:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
It's pretty simple:

1. Exp Bonuses: those 2X extra exp really help
2. People can kill MUCH more than 1 mob per minute a more realistic estimate would be 1 mob every 10 seconds.
3. Lot of people play more than just 2 hrs. I wouldn't be surprised if people played 8 hrs a day.
So lets just say (this is a low estimate, people can do much better) you kill 1 mob every 15 seconds and play 3 hrs a day:

60/15 = 4
4 x 60 = 240
240 x 3 = 720
720 x 30 = 21600
125000/21600 = 5.78703....

So even in imperfect conditions you can easily master in a week.

globjako2

ICE ICE ICE!
As a wizard, bring many mobs together and AoE pulse them. Doing that enough times will give you several mob kills for every few minutes. When you get Megabolt, it's even easier.

PwnageDude10

Legacy Supporter 3
31 days is a long time to master?

Try leveling Mystic :confused:
Don't worry when I get back on Tuesday Im gonna need some goon levels so just party with me and I'll keep killing stuff. And majoras you don't have to neccissarily "dedicate" time to leveling you just should kill mobs when you see them.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
So I was curious to see how long it would take me to go from Level 1 to 65, as a Wizard.

The total amount of EXP needed to get to level 65 is around 125000 (or very, very close to there).

If I get 50 EXP every time I vote, then I can get a minimum of 400 EXP a day via voting alone (presuming I don't get lucky).

If I am to do quests every day (which I can't at the moment, but still), then I can make 990 EXP a day via quests alone (presuming that the values on the Wiki are accurate, and that I can not do the ''Mail Delivery'' quest again).

If I am to only kill creepers, skeletons, zombies and spiders, then the average amount of EXP I would make via MOB killing would be around 30.

So presume I spend 2 hours a day killing MOBs. I use a huge flat surface and kill 1 MOB every minute. That's 60 MOBs an hour, making the amount of EXP gained to be 1800 per hour, or 3600 for 2 hours.

Put that together, and I can currently make 4000 EXP a day (I could spend more time slaying MOBs, but meh, that's not really my thing...).

So it would take me 125000/4000 = 31 days to get from level 1 to level 65. Am I missing something?

Dear god, please can someone tell me how people level up so fast. :confused:

we kill far more than 1 mob per minute. depending on mob spawns

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I mastered samurai in less than 2 weeks :D. Yeah Bonus exp and exents help. I got from level 44 to 54 in a few hours :cool:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I spent 4 months mastering Wizard in Zeal :p

I spent all of Zeal trying to master Caster (Got to lvl 44 at the end)

This map I spent less than 6 days (spending 4-5 hours killing mobs every day) to master wizard (1-60)

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I spent all of Zeal trying to master Caster (Got to lvl 44 at the end)

This map I spent less than 6 days (spending 4-5 hours killing mobs every day) to master wizard (1-60)
I meant to say, I mastered wizard in 4 months spending 3 hours mob-hunting every other day.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Normally takes me 2-5 days to master a class, 1 mob per minuite is VERY low, I get at least 15-30 mobs per minute (depending on class)

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
O_O How.... O_O As a Wizard I can't even get close to MOBs without being ripped to pieces... :O
As a wizard you just go about raping mobs from a distance, whatever comes close takes a bolt to the face. No?

Normally takes me 2-5 days to master a class, 1 mob per minuite is VERY low, I get at least 15-30 mobs per minute (depending on class)

15-30 mobs my ass, this isn't pacman.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Events help a lot too. Last event I went to I went from 48 wizard to 54 in like 90 minutes. If you are leveling and there is an event happening, get your rear to it. Ask out for a party invite and you'll usually get one. Experience flows freely in events.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Leveling is even easier now that no mobs spawn below height 60, AND ESPECIALLY now that there is a hostile mob butcher every "Minecraft night". Go to a big swamp, so you can kill slimes. If you can kite a few slimes together, the Fireball the huge ones, pulse the medium ones (watch out - they can still damage you!), then pulse all the small ones (they can't damage you, so you can let them just jump around you).

You should be able to level pretty quickly. I don't have time to play 4+ hours a day like some people, but I mastered Wizard in less than a week.

Go use someone's swamp!

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Arrtggshjhasdjahsdjashdah

So many suggestions.

I'll do that. I'll go to a swamp and look at how many monsters I can kill in a minute.. :O