• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Weynard returns (again) (on Friday)

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Yo. I guess I'm back. Have been. Or will be. Whenever my ISP deigns to fix my Internet. The boosts I kinda promised for Sunday are still coming, but I aint gonna burn more money while I can't play. Check back Halloween.

PSA: This post is much less about me introducing myself rather than an offspring of my neverending boredom as Facebook loads ever onward at 16 Kbit/s. Urgh. Well, that said, this is probably more of a humorous/educational work of art and server history than a proper post, so sit back and enjoy your fucking DSL connection while you read through the ramblings of a desperate public servant.

I've been on and off the Server for almost five years now. I started playing Minecraft back in early October 2010, when I was still eighteen, naive and full of hope for a quiet, enjoyable life in my home town. Back then, we *changes into your grandpas voice* didn't have no /gamemode, no repeaters, no nether, end, villagers and whatnot. Them were the good ol'days, when men still fought in full diamond- not like you youngins could ever understand the... joys... of getting lag-punched across the room and dying within two seconds.

Anyhow, I ended up on the City of Islands Server where I somewhat began my career as an *chortle* architect. I've always been fascinated by mazes and so my younger me built a totally cool maze, the last stage of which involved a horrible Lava parcours. Well, and then I remembered people wouldn't even die from falling in because multiplayer had no damage at the time, so I gave up on that.

dHhaE

Afterwards, I joined up with the Minecrafters of Loading Ready Run where someone actually set about building what we know as biomes because back then they didn't even exist.

Anyhow, at some Point during December 2010 I figured it was time to join this kinda-new-kinda-elitist Server that actually gave a shit about the things People put on their whitelist applications. As I'd been a proctor for my previous Server, that kinda worked out quickly. Sadly, I have now forgotten who initially whitelisted me. The poor fuck must have gotten several harsh beatings in the following months.

The first memory I have of playing on Herocraft is logging onto Castle (I think) and walking through a tunnel to see a large building with something that looked like an Iron Cross on the roof. To this day, I am convinved Adolf Hitler himself lives there, but I've never gone back to double check.

Soon after I joined, however, the map was wiped in favor of Sanctum, Herocraft's third incarnation. I teamed up with thetxlibra, praise be onto him, who founded the City of NOVA (which, honestly, is a fucking stupid Name for a town, but I was hardly an adult back then so I didn't give two shits). After numerous large scale (for the time) Projects and working as the town janitor, I was elevated to the Position of Mayor.

Other things I remember from Sanctum include the war against the Assassins' guild, getting killed by Sound... cloud? ...warrior? Okay, I don't remember the Name actually, but who cares, right? The guy was supposed to be an ally from Amgromas weird superflat town but he killed me anyway, the prick. I also remember that we built a road/bridge all the way from spawn to our town, only to have it repeatedly griefed to hell by random idiots. This might have been what drove me to certain... hostile acts later on *cough*.

Then again, nothing will ever surpass the glory of NATO. NATO was fucking BOSS, but let me explain: There used to be some town called Madlum which everyone hated (unless they were terrorists, duh). Madlum was the very Thing nobody wanted to be (obviously, though I don't remember why). For some reason, however, These madmen had decided to build their town on an Island or whatever (dunno, never actually went there), so the only reasonable way to reach it back then was via a tunnel they had dug. What we did was build a massive fortress on top of it to block easy access to the place. After about a day of intense conflict and many tears, Madlum disintegrated- and for as long as I can remember, "U madlum, bro?" has been a bannable saying on Herocraft.

XnEGs

During Sanctum, there was no Heroes plugin, so we could still fight like manly men and show off our skills which, oddly, depended muchly on who had the fastest connection. On Zeal, however, is where I was the most active. Zeal meant the introduction of the track skill, which enabled me to give in to my violent, homoerotic fantasies, stalk innocent players for hours and be an all-around nuisance to everyone. I could also be seen solo raiding townships, building siege engines in front of some utterly unimportant town, patrolling roads and Camping spawn.

Fiiws
v9yJ8

During Zeal, I was also Mayor to New Dresden, the hitherto first and only foreign-language town, as only Germans and those speaking German were allowed. We basically took the highest mountain we could find, hollowed it out entirely down to bedrock, built a Castle on top and dug a five block wide trench around it down to bedrock. The entire thing took weeks to complete and looked about as ugly as you can imagine. Then there was this failed Project called Otoh Gunga, but we won't talk about that.

GpnIE
fcxR9

Preparations for Bastion meant the introduction of the Nether and the Hellgate skill. I proceeded to assemble the remains of TrinityDowns' Kingdom in the HellRiders guild and made a massive, beautiful and horribly complicated planning spreadsheet that nobody ever fucking used (If you can hear me, I hate all of you). Anyhow, we hit a stroke of luck early on when we discovered a double mob spawner. It allowed me to hit LV. 50 after a few hours of the map going live and off we went into the nether.

We owned a massive nether brick fortress (THANK YOU FOR SCRAPPING THE NETHER MAP DURING THE WIPE, KAINZO!) and pretty much had a monopoly on nether material for a while, but after EpicPoodle's meltdown the guild kinda stopped existing. Poodle had been a member of the town that was granting us asylum and allowing us to use their region to store our resources. Poodle then threw a fit of titanic proportions and stole everything from the town storage, including our guild stuff. I then talked the entire thing over with the town and the guild on TS and after TWO FUCKING HOURS of painstakingly brainwashing my peers they finally agreed to give Poodle another chance. Alas, my (not entirely) selfless act became void when Poodle sold all the stuff and started putting up bounties on us (By the way, Poodle, if you ever get unbanned, I'm still mad as fuck).

Anyhow, I quit soon after that and only returned sporadically to build an alibi dwelling. I might have mistaken Dragon for Bastion (actually, I probably did), but that's pretty much my track record. I usually logged in, built stuff, found People, killed People, laughed at their corpses, went back home to drop off loot and went back to building. Nowadays I think I'll just stick to building altogether, but who knows?

Anyhow, here are some irrefutable Facts for your enjoyment:
- All (ex)members of the Fire Creepers hack and exploit, no exceptions
- AussieDingbat once built a Bridge across half the map
- Danda, thetxlibra, AussieDingbat, Brutalacerate, Trizzle and MM are cool as fuck
- I'm an architect, but to my knowledge I have never built anything for the server (wtf Kainzo demote me already)
- I've never been banned (although I might have been muted once or twice, wouldn't remember)
- I used to be a proctor, but then BrutalAssRape kicked me from the team because I apparently was “too toxic”. Such bullshit.
- I donate every now and then.
- I like playing laser tag and Paintball, I'm a German volunteer fireman and I work in accounting.
- Dota is DEFINITELY superior to LOL
- CS:GO is DEFINITELY better than COD
- Also PC > Console
- EVE Online is the best PC game ever and SWTOR is massively underrated
- Necro is still underpowered as fuck
- Yes, I hate my government for the entire refugee thing, thank you for your kind words

Things I like to discuss:
- The disadvantages of gender studies, political correctness and American supremacy and how to properly dispose of their proponents
- Reasonable limits of tolerance and generosity
- Politically incorrect jokes, preferably in elite chat
- How Heroes killed PVP
- How too many colours in chat give me headaches
- New and innovative ways of annoying staff without giving them reasons to ban my ass
- How to help religious people develop thicker skin

And here are some of my most beautiful creations:
4vyyd
zjJpq

Okay, here are some actual builds:
http://imgur.com/a/u4So2

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Welcome back! I remember that town in the nether in Dragongaurd. It was cool haha. The player attitudes now are still the same honestly just different names and groups. If you are interested in building in a giant valley full of mountains let me know haha.