• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Waste of spell space

Why do we have spells that only give resperation in the 1st place? What is the real point of it that it not only lacks a purpose, but its a waste of a spell + money if someone for some reason would want to buy it ( only placed this in the off topic catagory as I don't want to get scolded for a dumb question )

Church_

@JrCheeseBall Because if your building an underwater town or raiding or fighting in water its more useful than having to make/carry a bunch of water breathing potions around with you.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
@JrCheeseBall The real reason is the skills were added before there was a limit on your prepared skills, when every class just had way less skills but a standard set. In that scenario, the utility skills were just extra bonuses you really didn't have to worry about unless you wanted to use them.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Can we get a return to form on this? Classes like wizard have lost their identity because it feels wrong to give up spell slots for skills like port or groupteleport if it means losing chainlightning or fireball.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Can we get a return to form on this? Classes like wizard have lost their identity because it feels wrong to give up spell slots for skills like port or groupteleport if it means losing chainlightning or fireball.
Not all skills require memorization and not all spells need to be prepped.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Not all skills require memorization and not all spells need to be prepped.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that even spells like gills or replenish need to be prepped, which is a bit absurd. Perhaps they were accidentally changed somewhere along the way, but all of the utility spells across 4-5 classes I’ve played need to be prepped. I noticed it most on Bard, as I couldn’t bring the aoe safefall or aoe gills as they both needed to be prepped.