• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Warshard Town PvP

Joka10

Soulsand
When you first portal in to Warshard, you're on the ship with PvP disabled. There are two bridge/gangplank things coming from either side of the ship for you to cross to the shore and the rest of the port. PvP is enabled on them. If you've managed to get off the ship and explore the town (PvP on), you might have observed that there are a lot of hiding places and places you could occupy with a group to keep others out, as well as various other things that would make for great PvP. I made that observation, and I'm disappointed that (from what I saw) PvP never makes it that far away from the ship.

Right now, spawn PvP in Warshard is the standard borderhopping fest that is so common, save with less space to borderhop on. One group positions people on either bridge, kills everyone who tries to cross, and kills anyone who hops in the water to swim to shore. Because the PvP is never really able to make it beyond the bridge, people are so close to the no-PvP region that (unless they fall in the water) they can hop in and heal whenever. If they move away from the bridge, they can't get into that safezone and heal... so they don't (unless they're not there for PvP but rather a mad rush out of the area to go mine).

I know that there's a fix coming for border hopping in general, but I think a really simple way to stop border hopping and encourage people to take PvP to the entirety of the town would be to use Craftbook/Falsebook/whichever is used.

I think that a Bridge sign should be put on either side of the flat portion of the bridges to open/close them. These bridges would only remain activated for a short time before closing again (similar to the gates in spawn). This way, people could still get on and off of the boat, but they wouldn't be able to just stand on the bridges, fight, and hop back into the safezone whenever they wanted. I guess if they were lucky, they would be able to get back in, but because combat could no longer happen on the bridge, they'd basically have to move back to the shore to fight, and the distance/temporary gap between them and the safety of the ship could be too much for them to survive.

If the safety of the ship was no longer easy to access, people would have to move into the buildings and have people guard the doors to create areas to heal. No plugin safezones would be used; just ungriefable buildings that would have to be constantly protected.

One potential issue with this is that it's kind of fun to have fights on the narrow bridges between the ship and the shore. Thus, maybe more ships could be added that would be similar to the one there now, except without a safezone on them. They'd be defendable similarly to buildings, but rather than a door, they'd have a narrow bridge (not too helpful if there's a dragoon, but the people on the ship could deal with jumpers).

Another issue is that if the bridge thing were done, heavily armed groups could just camp on the shore and heal while they waited for the next wave of attackers to come. I'm not really too sure of a way to deal with this. My first idea was that the shore could be steeper, so falls into the water would be harder to recover from (meaning you couldn't get back up onto the beach as easily), but that probably wouldn't be too effective. What if there was some sort of DoT hazard on the shore, though? I don't know what that would be, but probably something could be done... Maybe as opposed to Damage over Time, it could be a hinderance to mana/stamina regeneration, or even health regeneration. I don't know.

Oh, also, on a somewhat unrelated note, it'd be cool if there was a complicated way to get up into the hot air balloons, just for fun :D

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Oh, also, on a somewhat unrelated note, it'd be cool if there was a complicated way to get up into the hot air balloons, just for fun :D

On a side note, there are easter eggs in warshard spawn and one does get you into the hot air ballons if it's still in there.

Joka10

Soulsand
On a side note, there are easter eggs in warshard spawn and one does get you into the hot air ballons if it's still in there.

Bearcat added lifts shortly after I posted this topic, so there's no longer an issue there.