• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Warshard Factions

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I would format this post with wicked BBcode and whatnot, but I'm using the mobile site.

Anywho, Warshard Factions, necessary.

Every good PVE/PVP MMORPG feature 2 meta-factions. Red vs Blue. Alliance vs Horde. Imperials vs Stormwind. The list goes on.

What I'm worried about with Warshard, is that it'll just be a giant cesspit of random roving bands of nomads. TC vs FC vs LB vs Le vs KoE vs Noobs vs Idiots. What I've liked about HC is that there's always been some nice structured PvP. KoK vs TC. FC vs TC. NATO vs Madlum. That stuff.

What I think would be brilliant is having 2 Warshard factions. They spawn on opposite end of the map. Fight each other. Each has a castle. Castle siege.

Crazy Shit.
I know a server that has a plugin for griefing sieges with a similar township idea like HC with more wasteland buildings. It looks better, but is so close nit, its ridiculous and broken. Regardless, since griefing is allowed on Warshard, why not look for a way to have a "Siege Mode" that can be party based off of structures being "Claimed" with regions (Nothing special like protection, just claimed land) so when two parties enable this mode, they can have all out war.

Back on Sanctum I remember we had an arena that worked like this to a point and I think any variation to my idea would be bad ass. @Kainzo what do you think?

Aetosion

Obsidian
I like real shit. It's better than when the shit isn't real. Especially if that shit is PVP.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I know a server that has a plugin for griefing sieges with a similar township idea like HC with more wasteland buildings. It looks better, but is so close nit, its ridiculous and broken. Regardless, since griefing is allowed on Warshard, why not look for a way to have a "Siege Mode" that can be party based off of structures being "Claimed" with regions (Nothing special like protection, just claimed land) so when two parties enable this mode, they can have all out war.

Back on Sanctum I remember we had an arena that worked like this to a point and I think any variation to my idea would be bad ass. @Kainzo what do you think?
Show me the plugin in a pm