• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Warshard Factions

Aetosion

Obsidian
I would format this post with wicked BBcode and whatnot, but I'm using the mobile site.

Anywho, Warshard Factions, necessary.

Every good PVE/PVP MMORPG feature 2 meta-factions. Red vs Blue. Alliance vs Horde. Imperials vs Stormwind. The list goes on.

What I'm worried about with Warshard, is that it'll just be a giant cesspit of random roving bands of nomads. TC vs FC vs LB vs Le vs KoE vs Noobs vs Idiots. What I've liked about HC is that there's always been some nice structured PvP. KoK vs TC. FC vs TC. NATO vs Madlum. That stuff.

What I think would be brilliant is having 2 Warshard factions. They spawn on opposite end of the map. Fight each other. Each has a castle. Castle siege.

Crazy Shit.

Joka10

Soulsand
I guess that sorta thing would be fun... but I kind of thought Warshard was supposed to be basically free PvP, like kill whoever you want however you want with anyone you want. The castle thing seems kind of restrictive. It would be fun in its own way, but I'm not really sure that that's what is intended with Warshard. I dunno though.

trickshotwin

Legacy Supporter 2
I think it is supposed to come out sometime in the month of June. Maybe in a week or two?

The_Player_189

Legacy Supporter 3
PvP = factions = PvP.
Factions... mhm. I've played on servers with factions, not the best but it seems like a good idea in this situation since warshard will be pretty PvP orientated and factions would make PvP larger and organised if it were implemented on warshard.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Factions... mhm. I've played on servers with factions, not the best but it seems like a good idea in this situation since warshard will be pretty PvP orientated and factions would make PvP larger and organised if it were implemented on warshard.
Ofc, not the plugin "factions"(Poor plugin, it's bad), but something simular ;)

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
I would format this post with wicked BBcode and whatnot, but I'm using the mobile site.

Anywho, Warshard Factions, necessary.
Every good PVE/PVP MMORPG feature 2 meta-factions. Red vs Blue. Alliance vs Horde. Imperials vs Stormwind. The list goes on.

What I'm worried about with Warshard, is that it'll just be a giant cesspit of random roving bands of nomads. TC vs FC vs LB vs Le vs KoE vs Noobs vs Idiots. What I've liked about HC is that there's always been some nice structured PvP. KoK vs TC. FC vs TC. ORE vs whoevertheyfought. Blasphemy and Madlum. That stuff.

What I think would be brilliant is having 2 Warshard factions. They spawn on opposite end of the map. Fight each other. Each has a castle. Castle siege.

Crazy Shit.

Not to be a hipster but im tired of people acting like they know everything about sanctum when they didnt even play. ORE was a "good" faction and we only waged war defensively. We turned a bit more neutral with the help of me and impulsepaci :p. also blasphemy wasnt even around during madlum, it was NATO who did that. At that time bargraphics was still in the assin guild/ vrah. Thanks for your time :)

Aetosion

Obsidian
Just trying to convey my point through a number of examples. Didn't mean for them to be incorrect, I'll fix them. Sorry for offending you, Holy <3

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Anyway, back on topic. With the addition of hardcore pvpers now, people are more likely to be in small factions. The Akahi/TC/FC/IC/NEO/Bros will have a ffa unless some alliances are made.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Yeah, that was my concern. That shit's fun and all, but large wars are way better. I like how sides are being taken with Canterlot/Newerth right now.