• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Viking class

J

Jinder745

New class!
So everyone always complains about how ``OP`` DK is so why dont you take it out and add a new class? So here it is!
Viking
HP: 1200
Hero tools:
Axe: Diamod 65dmg,Gold 70dmg,Stone 40dmg,Wood 20dmg
Pickaxe: Iron,Stone,Wood
Shovle: Iron,Stone,Wood
Armor:
Diamond: Helm, Chestplate
Iron: Helm, Chestplate
Chain: Helm, Chestplate,Pants,Boots
Leather: Helm, Chestplate,Pants,Boots
Skills:
Level 1: Potion: You can drink Potions
Level 1: Bash: You bash the target with all your strength dealing 90 damage.
Level 1: Disarm: Target can not equip a weapon. Duration: 3 seconds.
Level 1: Taunt: Taunts all monsters around the user.
Level 1: Strike: You violently strike the target for 60 damage and cause them to bleed for 20. damage over 6 seconds
Level 10: Shield: Hold a door to reduce damage from mobs/other players.
Level 25: Tackle : You Charge at your target imparing there movment for 2 seconds and dealing 60 damage.
Level 35: Unheal: Cause`s all Heals to become damage for 10 seconds.
Level 50: LifeSteal: For 18 seconds, your target take 20 damage every 4 seconds and you gain 100% of the damage as health.
Level 55: Battle Call: You shout you battle call and filling your enemy`s with terror slowing then for 5 seconds within a 5 block radius.
Level 60: Rage: You burst into a rage sacrificing 200hp and 50% mana to reduce all damage taken and increasing your damage output for 10 seconds.

Hope you liked it :)

Disketa777

Glowstone
Lol. I would love to see a viking use unheal on a pally, who would then use layhands and insta kill himself. :p

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
This do not fit with the Historicly Viking whatsoever.

First off, Vikings never used any plate armor. The richest Vikings (Kings, hird) would use chainmail, while the normal Vikings would use Leather or nothing.

For weapons, a viking used his sword and axe in battle. Maybe have like the Viking would have 10 more damage with a dia sword, but his axe would penetrate armor.

As for skills, I could think of: Shield (Vikings wear shields in battle), Berserk (Some special vikings would go berserk in battle and cause moral shock), Spear (Vikings used spears to cause dis-order in the enemy lines before they charged in), Bash, MortalWound (With his axe, the Viking would strike the enemy and tear trough flesh and veins) and Norse Ritual (The viking would sacrifice a Cow and gain an 8:00 buff of strength)

My idea for Norse Ritual would be, the player uses the skill and he loses half his stam. The skill requires a cow to be in a radius of 5. He gains a Strength buff. The skill would be like, pre-battle so you would use it before you run into battle.

Digger360

Obsidian
Please don't request entire Classes

Just so I don't have to keep repeating myself, and to give people a better understanding of the current limitations in Bukkit/MC. I'll update this thread as things become possible or if I missed something (which I probably did).

• Applying armor reductions
  • Throwing items (non-projectiles can't be thrown)
  • Alternative Movement types (Sliding, Wall climbing, etc)
  • Altering damage based on current movement type (while jumping)
  • Detecting when a player is triggering an MC critical hit
  • Awarding XP for Alchemy/Furnace creation
  • Detecting when a player lands without taking fall-damage.
  • Region-specific Buffs/Debuffs
  • Custom Items/Blocks
  • Dual-casting or using more than 1 skill at a time that has a warmup.
  • Changing built-in animations or creating new ones. (We can use some of what MC already has though)
  • Enable/Disable client-side sound
  • Use Any mod designed for SSP/SMP Vanilla or Modloader.
Feel free to ask about things that aren't listed if you're curious.

Things We Can Do:
  • Altering damage based on Sprinting/Sneaking

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
Heres what I think.

First nerf geos, they are obviously op. don't tell me they aren't because they don't have any "utility" bullshit.

Combine ninja and thief, they are so close to being the same thing.

Create a new rougue class or bring back beastmaster.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Heres what I think.

First nerf geos, they are obviously op. don't tell me they aren't because they don't have any "utility" bullshit.

Combine ninja and thief, they are so close to being the same thing.

Create a new rougue class or bring back beastmaster.

Sleaker

Retired Staff
Heres what I think....

this isn't about balance. The OP suggested completely replacing the class. As I said, we aren't replacing the DK.

As far as the rogue thing, I've never been happy with Thief, and never thought it should have been re-introduced, but other players wanted it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thief / Ninja are very close in relation - they share a lot of the same skills but the mobility of a ninja sets it apart from Thief..
The stealing and backstab set Thief apart from Ninja :)