• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Not a Bug Using Tools as Weapons

This isn't a bug, it is a part of vanilla minecraft that has not been changed.

I am playing a Dreadknight, and using an axe as a weapon. But it seemed that my axe durability went down rather fast. I haven't done exact measurements, but it would appear that the tools are still losing 2 durability when attacking mobs, even though they are supposed to be used as weapons, and should only be losing 1. Again, I am not 100% certain of this.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
This isn't a bug, it is a part of vanilla minecraft that has not been changed.

I am playing a Dreadknight, and using an axe as a weapon. But it seemed that my axe durability went down rather fast. I haven't done exact measurements, but it would appear that the tools are still losing 2 durability when attacking mobs, even though they are supposed to be used as weapons, and should only be losing 1. Again, I am not 100% certain of this.
They were never changed to lose 1 durability. There has been a lot of suggestions on this such as doubling the durability of the tools to compensate or trying to code it so they only lose 1. No idea if it's gonna happen/can happen.