• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Two Simple Bard Changes

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Number 1: When HealingChorus is over, I would like for the game to alert me of that (sort of like how when your buffs are down, it says something like "You return to normal strength"

Number 2: Change the BattleSong message for when it is over. Currently it says the same thing as warsong, and it gets kind of annoying trying to track both of them when they have the same message.

That's all, thanks for reading.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Bard's warmups on their buffs needs to be reduced. Having to sit there for 2 seconds for each buff is incredibly annoying. Oh, you see a group of people in the wild, and you need to fight them? Here, let me sit there for 10 seconds getting ready. It just isn't practical in teamfights. My suggestion? Cut the warmups in half. It will greatly benefit the class.
EDIT: Also, the fact that they only last for 15 seconds just makes the long warmup even worse.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree completely, Bard songs are the shorted duration buffs in the game and the intention was for them to be instant because of that.

If this change was made to reduce the spamming of skills then increase the mana/stam usage so skills cannot be spammed and don't wreck the classes design to try to limit the skills functionality.

I don't understand this change anyhow as Bard was not an overpowered class to begin with. Perhaps it had higher damage then it needed before but it was certainly not an overpowered class.

Ending, I believe that Bard is in a flux and that it's being recreated completely and these are nothing more then placeholder skills, but even then it should not have been changed from the last map.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I would like to add that I think bard's mana costs are too high. I think voidsong should be lowered down to 30%, accelerando to 10%, warsong to 10%, and manasong back to how it was (no mana but stamina)

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
None of their warmups are longer than 1 second, and none of them apply slowness to the bard. Additionally, most of their combat effects last around 14-16+ seconds, so this is plenty of time to reap the benefits.

Kainzo never intended for Bards to be able to "do all of their abilities at once", and netiher do I. I am not interested in reducing their warmups at this time.

I would like to add that I think bard's mana costs are too high. I think voidsong should be lowered down to 30%, accelerando to 10%, warsong to 10%, and manasong back to how it was (no mana but stamina)

Yea I see no issue with this. Their costs were very..."thrown together" for the attribute launch.

I don't understand this change anyhow as Bard was not an overpowered class to begin with. Perhaps it had higher damage then it needed before but it was certainly not an overpowered class.
Through the entirety of Bastion, Bard was easily one of the most important roles in a teamfight. I'll give you that that was toned down a lot near the end of the map, but it was still a very powerful support class that could easily turn the tide of any fight. I would argue that it was very much overpowered for 80% of the map.

This is true for the new one as well. The only thing holding them back is their ability costs, which I am working on.

Last edited:

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
None of their warmups are longer than 1 second, and none of them apply slowness to the bard. Additionally, most of their combat effects last around 14-16+ seconds, so this is plenty of time to reap the benefits.

Kainzo never intended for Bards to be able to "do all of their abilities at once", and netiher do I. I am not interested in reducing their warmups at this time.

Yea I see no issue with this. Their costs were very..."thrown together" for the attribute launch.
The warmups are longer than one second...

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
The files are saying otherwise, and I certainly did not set them any higher than that. Which abilities are you speaking of specifically? If anything is higher than 1 second, it's a bug.
Warsong and Manasong for sure are 2 seconds, haven't really tested the others a lot

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Any suggestions for the battlesong apply / expire text? I remembered why it's the same as Warsong. I copied it and then couldn't ever come up with anything to put for it, heh.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Not sure how this could be the case. Checked all possible files that could determine the warmup time, and it's one second across the board. Boastful is 0.5 seconds too (I'll probably remove that one though).

Are either of you seeing long warmups on other classes? The two for Pyro seem to be accurate for me, and I haven't heard anyone else having issues.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Any suggestions for the battlesong apply / expire text? I remembered why it's the same as Warsong. I copied it and then couldn't ever come up with anything to put for it, heh.

Here you are. Some ideas for ya.

Apply:

You become invigorated by the Song of Battle!
You feel invigorated by the Song of Battle!
The Song of Battle reinvigorates you!
The Song of Battle invigorates you!
You feel energized by the Song of Battle! (similar to ninja energize text)
You become invigorated!

Expire:

The battle song fades.
You no longer feel invigorated.
You no longer feel energized.
You are no longer invigorated.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Not sure how this could be the case. Checked all possible files that could determine the warmup time, and it's one second across the board. Boastful is 0.5 seconds too (I'll probably remove that one though).

Are either of you seeing long warmups on other classes? The two for Pyro seem to be accurate for me, and I haven't heard anyone else having issues.
Hmm, I'm testing it out atm and I'm getting around 1 second. My bad, sorry about the mistake. I guess the only issue I have then is the mana.
EDIT: I'm getting like 1.5 seconds

Last edited: