• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Twitter Ebonics Rule

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
#AreAnnoyingToReadInChat

People make up hastags and spam them. The instant a single person starts doing it, we all are doing it for the next 15 minutes.

This means that chat is sometimes full of hashtags, which have no spaces and often are not helpfully capitalized to help read them. In addition, #'s are a typical place where bragging and discussion often toes the line with harassment.

Suggested Chat change: You are no longer allowed to ignore the spacebar! So keep those hashtags short or put some spaces in them and accept that your O-chat will never look identical to Twitter.

If a player is typing multiple sentences or phrases consistently without making the text reasonably legible, they would be muted similar to if they made their chat a different font (I think I remember someone talking upside down once).
Reasonably legible means that in public chats (excluding typo's), you use the English Language/Slang not Twitter Ebonics/Internet Ebonics.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
hashtags are annoying and make the users look retarded. any use of POUND/NUMBER SYMBOLS before a string of unspaced phrases/words should be mutable. this is not twitter, this is a minecraft server.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I completely agree, one of the perks of playing on this server is not dealing with the plague of poop and other internet e-bonics that i constantly saw while on other servers. Some people just refuse to try to speak in normal English.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think the idea is to have an "out of character" chat and let most other chats be "roleplay encouraged"

We can justify mutes that way. Other than that, I don't find it pertinent to have staff mute players for using hash-tags.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I think the idea is to have an "out of character" chat and let most other chats be "roleplay encouraged"

We can justify mutes that way. Other than that, I don't find it pertinent to have staff mute players for using hash-tags.
We do have a RP channel that is never used.