• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Turn on Anvils

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I understand it takes 22 levels to use them at this time, but even so I would rather them turned on. It would give a insane sense of rarity for the rare items created using them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Anvils cannot be restricted to EXP (it takes zero) so its not possible for us to turn them on and have a legit gameplay style. You could use them without penalty at this time. It could even make you lose levels randomly.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Is there any hope that this will change Kainzo? If so I know how programing and testing works but it being worked on or should I just give up on the idea and switch off to some other plan?

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
one of the whole reasons I am staying smith is cus I am hoping anvils will come back.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Anvils cannot be restricted to EXP (it takes zero) so its not possible for us to turn them on and have a legit gameplay style. You could use them without penalty at this time. It could even make you lose levels randomly.
Any possibility of allowing us just to rename objects for the time being? MC's repair system is shit compared to HC and unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure its still going to work similar tot he skill only no more full durability.. I mean /skill repair doesn't use exp... Is there something the anvil can do other than renaming and repairing? If not, I see no problem :/

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Is there any hope that this will change Kainzo? If so I know how programing and testing works but it being worked on or should I just give up on the idea and switch off to some other plan?
we're waiting for Bukkit to release an API so we can change the exp and such. It's possible we could do this in the NMS code outside of bukkit but that involves a lot of things I dont clearly understand. Coders

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Any possibility of allowing us just to rename objects for the time being? MC's repair system is shit compared to HC and unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure its still going to work similar tot he skill only no more full durability.. I mean /skill repair doesn't use exp... Is there something the anvil can do other than renaming and repairing? If not, I see no problem :/
The other thing is combining enchantments by putting the two tools together, which people would want.