• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Trick to get people to read the rules!

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
So, I noticed one day while I was looking at town thread that a town(which I don't remember which one it was) had people say a certain phrase next to the section of the application, "Have you read the rules?:". I think this is a good idea because then if someone says "Yes, I read the rules" or just "Yes", you will know they are lying!

For example:

Player is reading the rules and reaches the end of the page of rules.
Player reads the final sentence which says something like
"Please respond with, "I like french fries", next to the part of the application that asks if you read the rules."

Of course that wouldn't be the phrase used, or would it? Hehe. Just thinking of ways that people would read the rules more. Yeah, I know the special key is a way to get them to read the rules too. I just thought having a 2nd thing in there would double the chance they read it.

JacobBurkey

Portal
But if the players knew about this thing before-hand, couldn't they just go to the rules and scroll down and find that line?

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
Make a code thing, like every other rule's 3rd letter then add them up to make a random assortment of letters to use as a code

spiralz

Obsidian
I think a better way would to place a short questionnaire in the whitelist. For example: Which blocks are the ONLY blocks that can be griefed? Is it OK to take crops from another players farm? It breaking blocks on claimed structures legal? etc. If any of the questions are answered incorrectly, the proctor would tell them they got a question wrong and to fix it before being whitelisted.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I have another idea. When you first join Herocraft, you will spawn inside room in the LostCove. The room will have a bunch of signs containing rules and other stuff about Herocraft. You will need to read all of the signs and then take a short quiz. (Pressure plates/clickable signs would work) If you have read all of the signs, you should get all of the questions right, and then proceed through the tutorial. There could even be a reward such as 5s or something insignificant. That way, when the player decides to apply, they will already know some of the rules, and will be less likely to break them when whitelisted. The quiz could also tell players beforehand to read ALL of the rules when they apply. This is just something I made up on the spot, so this isn't exactly perfect.