• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Tresure Hunt Timers

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
In my opinion it would be a good idea to add a timer for the tresures that starts when they are created, and they would be locked until the timer goes down. The more value of the chest, the longer timer.

PS: Fireblast particles... need a nerf, they are too cool xD

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Agreed, this would bring more pvp instead of just who can get there fastest and run recall.

every chest ive gotten to or gone near there has been at least 1 other person there, but its always a race to the chest then leave.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I would personally really like to see a system like this added as it's been painful trying to keep up with dragoons and people with depth strider. The only problem I can see coming from this though is bigger parties camping the higher tier'd treasure chests.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
well, thats part of the suggestion, it would encourage big teamfights, also, who gets the treasure? XD deciding that is gonna be fun

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Can they also not spawn at bedrock? Please? Both of the chests I found were sub layer 25.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Can they also not spawn at bedrock? Please? Both of the chests I found were sub layer 25.

This here. Also, please stop spawning in the middle of the freaking ocean. I had one next to the hell island earlier...which is quite a swim.

Naxet, what's wrong with Fireblast <_<

Ruger392

Obsidian
@Kainzo hunts are like every minute, its going to become not worth it fastly if treasure hunts doesnt get timers.

Like common hunts- 10 minutes in between

uncommon hunts- 25 minutes in between

rare hunts- 40 minutes in between

epic hunts- 2 hours in between (these give out nice loot so should be once in a while)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
These our the config options. For Treasure hunts.
Code:
Options:
  SecondsBetweenChecks: 5
  MaxSpawnAttempts: 1000
  MaxAttemptsPerTick: 1
  MinPlayersOnline: 0
  UseCompass: false
  3DDistances: false
  FoundChestFadeTime: 5
  DirectionalText: false
  DetailLogs: true
  Protection:
    Break: true
    Burn: true
    Explode: false
    Piston: false
  ChestLevels:
    Uncommon: 1500
    Rare: 2500
    Epic: 3500
    Legendary: 4500
WorldOptions:
  Valorium:
    Enabled: true
    OverrideMinPlayers: true
    MinChests: 2
    ChestChance: 25
    ChestInterval: 15
    MinLightLevel: 0
    MaxLightLevel: 4
    MinElevation: 4
    MaxElevation: 64
    MaxElevationRare: 32
    CanSpawnOn:
    - DIRT
    - STONE
    - MOSSY_COBBLESTONE
    - OBSIDIAN
    - GRAVEL
    ItemList: Default
    HuntTool: ROTTEN_FLESH
    OfferingTool: BONE
    MarkerBlock: GLOWSTONE
    FadeBlock: SOUL_SAND
    ChestDuration: 60
    MaxDistance: 3000
    MinDistance: 0
    MaxCompassDistance: 1000
    CenterX: 0
    CenterZ: 0
    DrawWeight: 2
    AmountWeight: 3
    GoodItemWeight: 2
    UseMarker: true
    ConsumeChance: 10
    MinMoney: 25
    MoneyMultiplier: 0.01
    MaxValue: 4001
    LastCheck: 1422420549454
    FadeFoundChests: true
    OfferAmount: 1
    StrictItems: false

Ruger392

Obsidian
These our the config options. For Treasure hunts.
Code:
Options:
  SecondsBetweenChecks: 5
  MaxSpawnAttempts: 1000
  MaxAttemptsPerTick: 1
  MinPlayersOnline: 0
  UseCompass: false
  3DDistances: false
  FoundChestFadeTime: 5
  DirectionalText: false
  DetailLogs: true
  Protection:
    Break: true
    Burn: true
    Explode: false
    Piston: false
  ChestLevels:
    Uncommon: 1500
    Rare: 2500
    Epic: 3500
    Legendary: 4500
WorldOptions:
  Valorium:
    Enabled: true
    OverrideMinPlayers: true
    MinChests: 2
    ChestChance: 25
    ChestInterval: 15
    MinLightLevel: 0
    MaxLightLevel: 4
    MinElevation: 4
    MaxElevation: 64
    MaxElevationRare: 32
    CanSpawnOn:
    - DIRT
    - STONE
    - MOSSY_COBBLESTONE
    - OBSIDIAN
    - GRAVEL
    ItemList: Default
    HuntTool: ROTTEN_FLESH
    OfferingTool: BONE
    MarkerBlock: GLOWSTONE
    FadeBlock: SOUL_SAND
    ChestDuration: 60
    MaxDistance: 3000
    MinDistance: 0
    MaxCompassDistance: 1000
    CenterX: 0
    CenterZ: 0
    DrawWeight: 2
    AmountWeight: 3
    GoodItemWeight: 2
    UseMarker: true
    ConsumeChance: 10
    MinMoney: 25
    MoneyMultiplier: 0.01
    MaxValue: 4001
    LastCheck: 1422420549454
    FadeFoundChests: true
    OfferAmount: 1
    StrictItems: false
Weird in game you never see legendary and epic loots are usually 4500 chest level

Theshadown

Stone
Aaaaah, come on people.....

This is treasure hunt, spawning deep underground or in the ocean is part of the fun. Did u ever play Tomb Rider? an easy treasure has no meaning at all... move your asses if u want the reward.....

I agree with the timer thing but only for some chests (maybe a random time between 0 and something?), increasing pvp is nice but races aren't bad too and gives a chance for classes with mobility to actually use it..
If u want to show your pvp superiority, use the arenas, treasure hunting is more about speed, quick pvp and being cunning. 2 hours for an epic chest? that means the stronger party has time to get there and camp for the whole time. Higher value treasures would be monopolized.
The way it is now, everyone has a chance to get some..... being powerful just means a little better chances.

Edit: a better idea would be to increase the /hunt CD or make it give an estimate. That way u take longer to find the chest and more people could show up at the same time u prevent camping.

Last edited:

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Aaaaah, come on people.....

This is treasure hunt, spawning deep underground or in the ocean is part of the fun. Did u ever play Tomb Rider? an easy treasure has no meaning at all... move your asses if u want the reward.....

I agree with the timer thing but only for some chests (maybe a random time between 0 and something?), increasing pvp is nice but races aren't bad too and gives a chance for classes with mobility to actually use it..
If u want to show your pvp superiority, use the arenas, treasure hunting is more about speed, quick pvp and being cunning. 2 hours for an epic chest? that means the stronger party has time to get there and camp for the whole time. Higher value treasures would be monopolized.
The way it is now, everyone has a chance to get some..... being powerful just means a little better chances.

Edit: a better idea would be to increase the /hunt CD or make it give an estimate. That way u take longer to find the chest and more people could show up at the same time u prevent camping.

Mm...yeah, I see your point. Arenas were added for PvP. Timers would just promote camping and ganking. Besides, I get into enough PvP just heading to the treasure itself. I raised my KDR by 0.1 yesterday. (0.1!) It's got enough drama as it is, haha.