• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Tracks too good?

RagingDragon5

Portal
Never used deathmark so I can't say anything about that skill but track I've used plenty of times. Track is convenient, but it is too easy. It is ridiculous that I can track someone down from 2000+ blocks away. Track shouldn't work like that, Rangers doesn't have a crystal ball showing where the players are. They have to use footsteps, fallen items on the floor, etc. I think to track someone down you have to be a certain distance away. Maybe a 500 block radius? Also it shouldn't tell you the coords of the person, it should point you in their direction and that's it. Maybe we can use attribute points to affect the radius. The higher Intelligence the bigger the radius? I believe this fits the Ranger theme a lot better than magically finding where they are from thousands blocks away.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Never used deathmark so I can't say anything about that skill but track I've used plenty of times. Track is convenient, but it is too easy. It is ridiculous that I can track someone down from 2000+ blocks away. Track shouldn't work like that, Rangers doesn't have a crystal ball showing where the players are. They have to use footsteps, fallen items on the floor, etc. I think to track someone down you have to be a certain distance away. Maybe a 500 block radius? Also it shouldn't tell you the coords of the person, it should point you in their direction and that's it. Maybe we can use attribute points to affect the radius. The higher Intelligence the bigger the radius? I believe this fits the Ranger theme a lot better than magically finding where they are from thousands blocks away.
Deathmark doesn't output co-ordinates but instead point in the direction of the current location of the player (slightly off) at the time of the skill use. Honestly I don't see track being changed in the near future imo.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Deathmark doesn't output co-ordinates but instead point in the direction of the current location of the player (slightly off) at the time of the skill use. Honestly I don't see track being changed in the near future imo.

Maybe not in the near future, but maybe somewhere down the future?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Maybe not in the near future, but maybe somewhere down the future?
Probably not but just saying track does not give an exact location of the player you're tracking it can be upto 100 blocks out

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Probably not but just saying track does not give an exact location of the player you're tracking it can be upto 100 blocks out
Unless it has been changed lately, Track will show the exact location. Sure, the coordinates it tells are off, but when you use Track while keeping a Compass in your inv (other than the reagent), the Compass will, from what I have seen, point to the exact location and not the coordinates it says.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Unless it has been changed lately, Track will show the exact location. Sure, the coordinates it tells are off, but when you use Track while keeping a Compass in your inv (other than the reagent), the Compass will, from what I have seen, point to the exact location and not the coordinates it says.
I wasn't saying the compass was off I was saying the co-ordinates were.

The way track works if you're given a set of co-ordinates that are upto 100 blocks away from where the player was located at the time of you tracking them. The compass is then set to point at the set of co-ordinates generated when you tracked the player.