• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Track and Compasses

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I'll make this short and to the point. Increase the cooldown on track, but make it like deathmark; you need a compass, but it doesn't cost it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I like the suggestion. So, increase Track's CD from 45 second to 1 minute? 2 minutes?

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4
2-3 minutes imo. Keeps people from spamming the shit outta it when they are near someone.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
well, if there is gonna be some major change to cooldown then have to look at deathmark too. Currently, you can basically find someone even on the move if you have the ninja / ranger with you actively following the compass direction. If track is gonna be nerfed to where the cooldown is significantly longer than the compass tracking period, deathmark should receive the same nerf for fairness sake.

I have no opinion on changing the cooldown on this, dunno if its necessary unless people think being tracked is too op / annoying, which i personally do not. Changing to not eat compasses would be nice though lol.

And I agree with Jack in that I would not change this at a minimum until there is some kind of world pvp congregation area / objective so people who want to pvp know where to go for it, otherwise nerfing track will just reduce world pvp lol.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
If track is gonna be nerfed to where the cooldown is significantly longer than the compass tracking period, deathmark should receive the same nerf for fairness sake.
I don't think Track has an initial "tracking period". I'm fairly sure your compass just points to the coords of the track (?).

Changing to not eat compasses would be nice though lol.
I like that it consumes compasses - it gives a use for the hordes of iron that people have sitting around. I don't know why Deathmark doesn't consume the compass too.

_Fish_

Legacy Supporter 3
And I agree with Jack in that I would not change this at a minimum until there is some kind of world pvp congregation area / objective so people who want to pvp know where to go for it, otherwise nerfing track will just reduce world pvp lol.
The amount of world pvp? The hunting of any individual who may or may not be able to defend themselves more like. I have always thought that track/deathmark in Minecraft is a bit ridiculous, I mean really. All you need are some of the easiest materials to find in the game and you can find practically anybody on the map on a whim? That seems fair to me. Plus those of us with better rigs can spot someone on bedrock from level 64 or more. I see the appeal of the skills, yes, but I feel like the way it can be done needs to be changed.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
the compass seems to point to the target for like 30 seconds or so, then it just kinda starts pointing randomly all over. Least thats my experience on haven.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Remove compasses from track, instead have track summon a wolf which does its best to track down the target. Make bone the reagent. Make it have a 1 min cd, 30 sec uptime. This would kill two birds with one stone, track being intuitive and the ability to have wolves.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
If anything iron should be consumed even more considering the surplus everyone has. I don't even mine and I had like 4 stacks of iron blocks