• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Towny Taxes

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
1 Chunk(16x16) = 10c per day
You can have 8 chunks created if you wanted to for every member part of the town.

I feel the taxes per day are a bit high. I suggest maybe it being per week, but keep the chunk cost or something like that. At the moment, the cost for 9 chunks(3x3 area of chunks) would be 630 coins per week, 90c per day which means if you miss 1 payment per day you lose the town which is why I suggested a weekly tax as there has been in the past. With the amount of area you can get with chunks plus the cost of each chunk, it seems very high compared to previous maps unless you have like 60 members in your town. A 3x3 of chunks would be 48 blocks across north/south/east/west if my math is right for the cost of 90c per day/630c per week.

Overall, I suggest the costs of taxes are lowered a bit and are made per week and not per day. Also, most people seem to be just making small towns made up of 1-2 chunks which just loses the purpose of what towns are and are just replacements for personal residences that supporters had.

Last edited:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
1 Chunk(16x16) = 10c per day
You can have 8 chunks created if you wanted to for every member part of the town.

I feel the taxes per day are a bit high. I suggest maybe it being per week, but keep the chunk cost or something like that. At the moment, the cost for 9 chunks(3x3 area of chunks) would be 630 coins per week, 90c per day which means if you miss 1 payment per day you lose the town which is why I suggested a weekly tax as there has been in the past. With the amount of area you can get with chunks plus the cost of each chunk, it seems very high compared to previous maps unless you have like 60 members in your town. A 3x3 of chunks would be 48 blocks across north/south/east/west if my math is right for the cost of 90c per day/630c per week.

Overall, I suggest the costs of taxes are lowered a bit and are made per week and not per day. Also, most people seem to be just making small towns made up of 1-2 chunks which just loses the purpose of what towns are and are just replacements for personal residences that supporters had.
I agree that:
  • Daily taxes are something like 10 times the rate on previous maps
  • Establishment costs are similar
  • A multitude of small towns being used as personal regions is undesirable, and the personal region situation needs to be addressed
I've done up a spreadsheet of town prices looking at the current map's rates and comparing with previous maps. This is currently under consideration.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
For those without the knowledge of the Witch, I pulled out some info from the edit history.
Apparently in Townships 2.0 on Aegis, a Hamlet had a 75 radius of blocks, circular, for 400s per week.
As stated above you get a 48 diameter (not the right terminology here since circles, but bear with it) square for 630c per week.

A hamlet had a 2000s initial cost, whereas that much coin now would net you ~18 chunks.
I can't compare that due to not having memorized how many chunks are in a hamlet (36 points with a 75 radius? I can't math that!) though I would imagine that is also in Townships' favor.

While this system isn't terrible for one or two chunk personal regions (theoretically), it definitely seems either Towny is far more expensive or the coin to soul exchange rate went through the roof in favor of coin.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
While this system isn't terrible for one or two chunk personal regions (theoretically), it definitely seems either Towny is far more expensive or the coin to soul exchange rate went through the roof in favor of coin.

Exactly my thought. It is a perfect system for personal regions and smaller setups, but people who plan to go big with their towns have a real problem here. Most annoying is the fact that it's chunks to be claimed, you can barely build 2 houses into 1 chunk and those don't look great. In the end you are forced to claim 4 chunks next to each other to get a proper size for a small group of nice builds or the space for one big building. We all know where the weekly costs would go by doing so, therefore I agree, lower town taxes or enhance the way an area is claimed overall.