• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Townships Suggestions

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
So far I have loved the new Townships plugin. I know it had a rough start and has been dealing with some bugs (One of which I address in this thread) but it's really fun so far.

I have a few issues with some buildings right now, and I might add more to this list as I continue to make new buildings.

Coalmine

• Make Reagent 4 Stone Picks
  • Make Input 2 stone picks (Eats 2 stone picks every time it produces)
  • Raise output to 24
  • Raise proc time to 2
18 Stone pickaxes for 8 coal is ridiculous. You'd be better off going mining for it. All of townships is a "set and manage but don't do too much" style. You have to make sure the items move around/get stocked but you don't have to constantly get outside resources. With a coalmine, you have to get 18 stone pickaxes placed into your chest for a measly 8 coal per hour. This building is next to worthless.

Warehouse
  • Clarify exactly what it should be doing so it can be tested better

Hospital
  • Bump healing up to 140hp (It is currently broken and only healing once every 14ish seconds, for Tier 1 hospital healing would be 70hp every 14 seconds)
It's broken. This can be a temp fix.

Last edited:

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Is there any way for us to get the warehouse to pull items to itself as well, from regions that produce items. A little more about beautifying towns so that they don't need long rail systems which atm doesn't seem to work *cough *cough.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Warehouse
  • Allow it to pull items from Stage 1 Soul Shard buildings
  • Allow it to SEND items to Stage 2 Soul Shard Buildings
  • Clarify exactly what it should be doing so it can be tested better
This is mainly just a ease of life change. Mainly the help with the soul shard trading things.
I am curious though, can you blacklist certain items from certain buildings? If so could we have:
Harvester Makes Soul thing A-> Warehouse Takes -> Soul Grinder gets Soul Thing A(warehouse will notpull out Soul Thing A from Soul Grinders) -> Grinder makes Soul Thing B -> Warehouse Takes Soul Thing B -> Places Soul Thing B in Bakery.

tl;dr Can we automate soul shops?
I'm concerned that if we totally automate warehouses - ie they both pull and push - then that's kinda endgame... I mean, where's the interest for the player after that if their town is totally automated? What keeps them in their town running maintenance and looking for expansion? If it's all done for you, it's all... done. :(

Also remember, you can't have all three tiers of soul shard regions in the same SR. As in, you can't have a Collector and a Shop for the same profession. It was set up this way to PROMOTE TRADE between towns.

It looks like the profession restrictions for mines and soul shard regions are currently not working. I would like to see that reinstated, because I thought it was a desirable aspect of the plugin.

A

Azzezima

We also should make it able to capture towns in war.
Capturing a town still remains the same owner but the captured town pays double taxes and the winning town get's a part of their tax.
Maybe make it so only Villages and up can do this so people can't destroy every town in the world. :p
I like the coalmine idea.
And the hospital is just useless right now.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Thoughts;

Coal mine - Making those changes for regents used would really reduce the use of a "Miner hut". If both regions are automated and linked up the a warehouse, the coal mine does produce a decent amount of coal per 24 hours. I would prefer if the actual output was increased (1.5 - 2 times the amount of coal it produces now but still uses the same amount of picks)

Warehouse - There's no need to make this change as this can already be automated (I think so) though conveyors. Another point would be that it would really reduce the possible loot from a raid as all items are retained in the warehouse until it's needed. (Pretty sure most towns stock pile their soul items until they are traded, cutting this out would really reduce the point of raiding IMO).

Hospital - I would like to see the healing actually increased from what it currently is but I'm not sure if increasing it by the much would be the best option.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Thoughts;

Coal mine - Making those changes for regents used would really reduce the use of a "Miner hut". If both regions are automated and linked up the a warehouse, the coal mine does produce a decent amount of coal per 24 hours. I would prefer if the actual output was increased (1.5 - 2 times the amount of coal it produces now but still uses the same amount of picks)

Warehouse - There's no need to make this change as this can already be automated (I think so) though conveyors. Another point would be that it would really reduce the possible loot from a raid as all items are retained in the warehouse until it's needed. (Pretty sure most towns stock pile their soul items until they are traded, cutting this out would really reduce the point of raiding IMO).

Hospital - I would like to see the healing actually increased from what it currently is but I'm not sure if increasing it by the much would be the best option.
Coal Mine: It is useless costing 18 stone picks to be put in. They don't just sit in the chest. They get eaten for the coal. If they weren't eaten then I could see just buffing the income amount. It's also not like coal is worth a lot.

Raiding is already next to impossible because either Dirt or deny_chest_use

Hospital: This buff just makes it equal to what it would heal in 14 seconds. It is in no way a heal buff. Just a correction until the timer bug or whatever causes it is fixed.

SoHighFive

Soulsand
I agree that right now coal mines feel completely horrible. I am debating whether to even build one at this point, as I would rather stockpile coal normally and add more iron/gold mines Instead.

Just reduce the number of picks to 4-8 or increase the coal output like Mike suggested.

I have not built the warehouse yet, but I do feel that townships should still require player interaction to continue running.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The thing about my warehouse suggestion is it would ONLY affect Soul Shard Buildings. Which you can't 100% automate anyway since you can't have all 3 buildings in 1 town.

SoHighFive

Soulsand
As I understand it the soul structures are kind of the end game for townships. In my opinion this should be the least automated part of townships because of the potential to make so many souls.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Coal Mine: It is useless costing 18 stone picks to be put in. They don't just sit in the chest. They get eaten for the coal. If they weren't eaten then I could see just buffing the income amount. It's also not like coal is worth a lot.

Hospital: This buff just makes it equal to what it would heal in 14 seconds. It is in no way a heal buff. Just a correction until the timer bug or whatever causes it is fixed.

Everytime I read a reply from you, I really do question myself to why I even try give feedback. A coal mine is an optional region and provides the SR with the benefit of producing coal. There are regions in place that can produce the resources needed to keep it going (cobble quarry, logging regions, region that converts wood to sticks, region that produces stone picks for regents ect). This being said, removing the costs of regents(picks) would really reduce the need for these other regions. Regardless, it may not seem useful to you but to other players it can be very useful

Raiding is not sieging. Please use this term correctly when making suggestions regarding townships. If a siege is successfully pulled off. All block protection is removed for that SR. This would allow the people who seiged that SR to steal and remove blocks from that region. Now that you've got that in your mind, think about soul items. No town that I know of instantly sells their souls items the second they are produced and possible lead up to a stockpile of them until a trade is made. If you remove the actually physical need for those items to be in a chest, you would really reduce the point of raiding as they are high value items (50 souls per item).

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

Same with Redstone Mines. It Essentially turns wood into Redstone. I would prefer it to function like a Carrot Farm, or maybe consume something that doesn't require a Human Component ( Sticks from a Stick Factory )

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Everytime I read a reply from you, I really do question myself to why I even try give feedback.
Everytime I read a reply from you I wonder why you have to be so snarky about it. I'm not here to say you're 100% without a doubt wrong, I just disagree with you. That's why I made this suggestion post.

Anyway:
A coal mine is an optional region and provides the SR with the benefit of producing coal. There are regions in place that can produce the resources needed to keep it going (cobble quarry, logging regions, region that converts wood to sticks, region that produces stone picks for regents ect). This being said, removing the costs of regents(picks) would really reduce the need for these other regions. Regardless, it may not seem useful to you but to other players it can be very useful

Raiding is not sieging. Please use this term correctly when making suggestions regarding townships. If a siege is successfully pulled off. All block protection is removed for that SR. This would allow the people who seiged that SR to steal and remove blocks from that region. Now that you've got that in your mind, think about soul items. No town that I know of instantly sells their souls items the second they are produced and possible lead up to a stockpile of them until a trade is made. If you remove the actually physical need for those items to be in a chest, you would really reduce the point of raiding as they are high value items (50 souls per item).
Coalmines produce so little you'd be better off just mining for it, the cost is just silly. It's not HARD or EXPENSIVE, just stupid. (I should note, I actually agree with you on coalmines. If the output was raised then it'd be fine. 8 is just so low for 18 stone picks everytime).

Also, Warehouses would only automates the moving of tier 1 soul items to tier 2 machines (Something that it technically already should do according to it's description).

Also:
Warehouse - There's no need to make this change as this can already be automated (I think so) though conveyors.
These are broken ATM due to Minecart with chest being disabled.

If I understand correctly, only the SR falls in a siege. Even if all regions fell, they would still be in a chest, just in the warehouse as opposed to the Soul machine.
And BTW: I mean Raid. Not siege. Raiding is almost impossible on it's own, as deny_chest_use and deny_block_break are on in almost all subregions, meaning you can't get to the Soul items anyway. They sit in the chests of the subregions and are protected (Even if global chest use is on, dirt on top of chest)
Sieging sure, you win the war they lose regions.

Also:
Another point would be that it would really reduce the possible loot from a raid as all items are retained in the warehouse until it's needed. (Pretty sure most towns stock pile their soul items until they are traded, cutting this out would really reduce the point of raiding IMO)

Just noting you use the term Raid first, and I responded accordingly.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
OP edited die to a few things i learned about Warehouses.
Coalmine also adjusted.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Quick changes I'd like to see;

+hospital buffed, radius reduced from 23x23x23 to 17x17x17 (23 is too big IMO)
+sugar cane farms produce a mix of sugar can and sugar
+info of regions updated (some still say they are biome specific when they are not eg; quarts quarry
+info added on town regions such as sitting chamber regarding dragon eggs
+increase time that a port stays active from 5 minutes ---> 15 minutes (or make it last forever and just increase build cost to 1.5k, unlock cost to 500 and make it cost ender pearls to use per person).

Also, I saw on the wiki there's no info on wards. Well to put it short, they act as an independent SR of sorts. They deny explosions and interaction(I think) so they are really used to fall back on if shit hits the fan. Hope this helps :)

@WitchOnaRampage

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
+info of regions updated (some still say they are biome specific when they are not eg; quarts quarry

Are you saying the biome limitations aren't having effect, and it is actually possible to build a quartz quarry atm?

If so I wonder which regions this affects, because there is a bug report on a region being blocked because the plugin isn't happy with the spelling of MushroomIsland.

+info added on town regions such as sitting chamber regarding dragon eggs

Are you meaning for this to appear somewhere ingame? Where would you suggest this appears?

+increase time that a port stays active from 5 minutes ---> 15 minutes (or make it last forever and just increase build cost to 1.5k, unlock cost to 500 and make it cost ender pearls to use per person).
I have understood that Ports aren't currently working.

I see there are two types of ports under the plugin - "Port" which is supposed to work for 5 minutes to get players back if your town is being attacked, and PortRaider, which is a temporary port for getting to a town you're sieging. Both are intended for short-term use.

Have you gotten one of these ports to work, in fact?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
1.) You are correct, some regions do specify that they can only be built in specific biomes but it does seem some people have managed to build them regardless. I'll do some testing personally but I have seen most quarry regions built in a plains biome.

2.) I was thinking of having another item (dragon egg) being with the region info when you type /to info (region) that has a little description explaining it. Something down the lines of "Place a dragon egg within this region chest to produce x amount of souls per cycle". I really did miss the region payout/ regent so I'm guessing a few other people may have to (I hope so anyway lol).

3.) I'll be able to do some tests with the port soon but I really haven't worked towards making one as they really don't seem worth the hassle. My main concern is that it requires a town mayor/ town mem with perms to create it for only 5 minutes costing 50 souls. Personally, if the region was just expensive (2-3k total cost of unlock and build) and required a fairly expensive regent to use such as ender pearls I would bee line straight for it. Note; maybe make it a runesmith specific region too.

I'll try give you feedback on my tests ASAP.

@WitchOnaRampage

Last edited: