• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Townships 3.0 dynamic towns

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
@MalaWolf and many other people I'm sure are very concerned about the balance between pvp and pve when it comes to towns. How easy is it to raid? Can people be forced to come out and fight? Should towns be destructible? All of these are very controversial questions I hope to answer with this suggestion:

@Trazil and I have been pushing for more options on town buildings. Currently you can choose between an inn and a barracks (do you want more power or housing?), but there should be way more options than this. Options are nice, but what ones should you have?

- Towns should be able to trade housing for power/defenses.
- Towns should be able to trade housing for money/production
- Towns should be able to trade power/defenses for money/production.

What does this mean? It means that a town that is cautious could be a giant indestructible safe zone that costs a lot. If the town gets too greedy or invites people too quickly then it becomes vulnerable to raids and/or destruction. Towns that don't care about power or housing can be weak and rich.

The idea is that you can't have everything, no matter how much money you have. More importantly it means that you can live in the town of your choice. You decide.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
The whole idea of giant safe zones on a PVP map (besides spawn) makes no sense to me. The plugin will eventually make it to pve, and if you don't want to PVP don't go on it.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
The whole idea of giant safe zones on a PVP map (besides spawn) makes no sense to me. The plugin will eventually make it to pve, and if you don't want to PVP don't go on it.
I agree with you. The main reason I'm pushing for this is that I'm trying to merge pve and pvp. I think it's possible and way better than the current setup.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with you. The main reason I'm pushing for this is that I'm trying to merge pve and pvp. I think it's possible and way better than the current setup.
I think it's a good idea, but until that's actually a thing (aka map reset however far off that is) I don't think we can make the PVP a mixed map

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
I think it's a good idea, but until that's actually a thing (aka map reset however far off that is) I don't think we can make the PVP a mixed map
why not? if anything it would bring more people to pvp

EDIT: besides, we need to test this before a map wipe

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
why not? if anything it would bring more people to pvp

EDIT: besides, we need to test this before a map wipe
Would it bring more people? What does pvp have that pve doesn't? Townships 3.0 yes, but they can be patient, why would they risk everything to come to pvp like losing stuff in raids etc.So far no one has come from pve to pvp, I agree with Irish wait until the merge

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Would it bring more people? What does pvp have that pve doesn't? Townships 3.0 yes, but they can be patient, why would they risk everything to come to pvp like losing stuff in raids etc.So far no one has come from pve to pvp, I agree with Irish wait until the merge
Well ya I agree there has to be a reason for them to come to pvp. 3.0 has a lot of production structures that are really exciting. Farms, factories, mines, quarries, and a few other things. Who knows, maybe someone of them want to pvp but want someplace safe-ish to call home.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Well ya I agree there has to be a reason for them to come to pvp. 3.0 has a lot of production structures that are really exciting. Farms, factories, mines, quarries, and a few other things. Who knows, maybe someone of them want to pvp but want someplace safe-ish to call home.
I understand that townships 3.0 would be a reason but not If it's also coming to pve I see more people just waiting unless if townships 3.0 would only be on pvp

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
i don't think your idea of having one or the other will bring people to PVP, many people on PVE want to be able to defend themselves easily, become rich, and have a big community in their town to talk to.

People can't be forced out of their homes, so please remove the stupid safezones. I would gladly trade being able to destroy towns, to remove turrets and poison, just keep teleporters and things to block them. Nothing that actually hurts a player. Maybe instead of poison hurting the player, it can make it so their skills take a little more mana/stamina to use but not much.

@Multitallented