• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Township Features/Perks & Colored Names

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
EDIT2:
/town war <town name>(available to Mayor(Sic if ever possible))KARMA SYSTEM
Will temporarily start a war with another township to prevent karma loss from killing the opposing towns members.
Will flag the warring town as no karma loss when in the opposing towns regions to prevent town-less players and allies from causing karma loss.
Wars are on a timer lasting X hours and cost X coins to start.

EDIT:
Other very helpful township functions would be
/tb deposit list - Listings in chronological order the deposits made, by who, what and how much
/tb deposit list clear - blanks the list to remove old entries.

/town rank <player name> recruit
The above setting would add a player to the town list but not give out town permissions. That way trail players could feel a little more legitimate but at the same time could properly go though a trail period instead of right into town perms.

EDIT: >>>>
The above feature should be easy enough to implement and would allow town members to deposit their taxes directly into the town bank and the mayor can just check the logs and mark them off.

/town ally <town name>(available to Mayor(Sic if ever possible))
/town enemy <town name>(available to Mayor(Sic if ever possible))
/town neutral <town name>(available to Mayor(Sic if ever possible))
/town kos <player name>(available to Managers+)
/town friend <player name>(available to Managers+)
/town none <player name> (remove name from kos or friendly list)available to Managers+)

Player names will show up in blue to other people in the same town
Player names will show up green when their town is tagged ally
Player names will show up red in game when their town is tagged an enemy
Player names will show up white in game when neutral or not in a town
Player names will show up orange in game when on the kos list for a your town
Player names will show up yellow in game when on the friendly list for your town

Upsides: Makes it easier for townships to identify friendlies and foes making the learning curve for newer players quicker as they will be able to focus more on combat then on trying to remember who their new friends are. Gives a little more to an alliance and war system where there are some ingame tools to manage your friends and foes.

Downsides: Takes away from the "HARDCORE" feeling as you have to focus less on being "HARDCORE" and more on playing. People may complain it makes the game "To easy"

Comments, additions Thumbs Up or Thumbs down.
Please leave constructive criticism or comments if you are going to rate or post!

Thanks!

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
I like it, but there is a catch. This would easy to implement via Spout, and therefore only available for those using Spoutcraft. You can not only change their abovehead name depending on the viewing player, but also their skin and cape.

It is possible for normal clients, but this suggestion might be considered a low priority and a massive headache to implement. The only ways I know of doing this is modifying packets or changing minecraft server code, both of which are a pain to work with.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
It's more of an advanced HUD, I like it. Please make this possible!
@Spout @Spout @Spout @Spout @Spout @Spout @Spout

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I would love to see allies and town members have a different color name plate. Some time so many new people join the town, it's hard to keep track.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Is it this command:

/town setrank [player name] [rank]
Sets the rank of the named town member. Ranks include: OWNER, MANAGER, CITIZEN, GUEST, VETERAN, NEUTRAL, ENEMY, OUTLAW

If not, please let me know so I can fix the Wiki ;).

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Now that townships are vulnerable to attacks from TNT wielding raiders whats the thoughts on re-instating free LWCs for the towns mayor to use through the township?
I personally think it's a good idea. Sure if you can afford a medium/large/huge town you most likely have the money to buy LWCs but I still think it's a good perk and fits as a benefit that townships should have.

Thoughts?

Small - 3 total free LWCs
Medium 5 total free LWCs
Large - 7 total free LWCs
Huge - 10 total free LWCs - Or there abouts.