• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion /town who

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
When you have just joined a town and don't know the players who are allied to your town it gets really frustrating due to you end up killing a few ally's not knowing that they are ally's. Now i know what people are going to say 'Do /town who!' Well it seems that sometimes you don't have time to type out that command or they will get away. I want to suggest a new skill for all classes called 'Inspect'. When a player is targeted within 30 blocks it will tell you what town they are in. I would think this as being extremely useful and im sure others would agree. It will work like the casters skill 'Scan' but will tell you their town. EG. 'UltimateOptics is a citizen of Mineris'.

Please tell me what you think
-Ultimate

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Mana cost: 240

Just kidding, I like the idea. But it should have a little cost, like 10 mana/2 stam, but no CD.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Weird I could have sworn there was something....maybe the Spire guys just knew everything hahaha
I remembering to talk to people on Skype/TS3 and get them to tab out of game and check the forums back in zeal days every time I didn't know witch town someone was is.

I usually ended up running away anyway :D

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
No, this was a major issue in Zeal.

Did you read what he said? Typing /town who *player* wastes time, and the enemy could get away. Plus, you don't always know the name of the player you're chasing.

You still to lazy and not good enough at typing gg kid.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
You still to lazy and not good enough at typing gg kid.

Seriously? "Quick! My argument is failing!! Call them kids!"

We should have a Troll icon for guys like this.

On topic: There has been many times I see someone and have to stop, type in their name (if I can see it) and then give chaise. In a perfect world, name plates would appear as another color if not in the same town. If that was not possible, the OP's idea would work just fine.

Same town: Green name plate.
Allied town: Yellow
Enemy town: Red
No town: White

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Mana cost: 240

Just kidding, I like the idea. But it should have a little cost, like 10 mana/2 stam, but no CD.
The only problem is that it's hard to click on someone just right with scan often times, but I guess that's only an issue if it does the same thing as scan and tells you what town you're in. E.g. "northeaster345 is a Manager of Paragon"... thanks inspect...

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Weird I could have sworn there was something....maybe the Spire guys just knew everything hahaha
For awhile we had /region info, which told us everyone on our region, though we still had to search the entire list for the person, ahah.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
Seriously? "Quick! My argument is failing!! Call them kids!"

We should have a Troll icon for guys like this.

On topic: There has been many times I see someone and have to stop, type in their name (if I can see it) and then give chaise. In a perfect world, name plates would appear as another color if not in the same town. If that was not possible, the OP's idea would work just fine.

Same town: Green name plate.
Allied town: Yellow
Enemy town: Red
No town: White

The problem with that is it will interrupt with the karma system if Kainzo is still working on it. But if he isn't it would be a great idea ;)