• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town Sieges

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Now, before I start, I'm going to say I've never sieged a town before. I don't know exactly how it works. But from what I understand, from people complaining about how town sieges are costly, I believe this is how it works? You build siege weapons, and they attack the town, taking down the town's power. You can't enter the town until all the power is down.
My idea is to have gates, and people have to attack the town gates. Opposing towns will build siege weapons to attack gates, and when the gates are down, the doors and chests that share a region with the gate will be able to be opened. So taking down the west gate will remove chest protection from the west side of the town. Taking down the north gate will remove the chest protection from the north side of town. This can allow for multiple stages of raiding a town via having layers of gates, then farms, then gates, etc, and also increase PvP, because people will be defending their vulnerable chests. Just an idea.

Thoughts?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
How to current siege;

Create offensive super region (outpost) ---> create siege cannons and aim at target ---> keep refilling cannons with TNT. 1 TNT drains 1 power from target.

Once the power of a target SR reacts 0, all protections are removed from everything allowing players to steal everything that isn't nailed down.

Problems at the moment;

+if people are already in a SR, they can't creat an outpost to siege
+war seems to be bugged
+not that many people understand how simple it is to siege
+does boil down to money when raiding PVE towns

Thoughts on this suggestion;

+I like the concept but it might sound better than it is
+too complicated (to some people)
+requires more coding that won't happen I'm afraid :( (we can dream though, right?)

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Suggestions:
+Make it cost less in some way. Again as I have said before, rich become richer, poor become poorer.

How do cannons work BTW? Is it like a normal redstone, tnt cannon where the tnt comes out one direction of the cannon as specified or is it that the tnt appears at the front and is launched in the direction of the town (be it the middle or any spot) like a ghast's fireball hit by a player?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Suggestions:
+Make it cost less in some way. Again as I have said before, rich become richer, poor become poorer.

How do cannons work BTW? Is it like a normal redstone, tnt cannon where the tnt comes out one direction of the cannon as specified or is it that the tnt appears at the front and is launched in the direction of the town (be it the middle or any spot) like a ghast's fireball hit by a player?

Siege cannons;

The cannons themself are regions. They will produce a very loud explosion (they are epic) and produce an explosion animation somewhere on the target SR's boarder. To target an SR, you do the following:

+Place a sign on the region chest with target SR name (town name)
+be within 50 blocks of target SR boarder

So, the cannon itself doesn't actually have to face the target as a SR is targeted though placing the sign on the region chest. This means you can build them underground and they will still drain the target SR power. Also, the cannon itself doesn't actually shoot a physical TNT block. It just makes the animation on the target SR. Hope this helps.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Siege cannons;

The cannons themself are regions. They will produce a very loud explosion (they are epic) and produce an explosion animation somewhere on the target SR's boarder. To target an SR, you do the following:

+Place a sign on the region chest with target SR name (town name)
+be within 50 blocks of target SR boarder

So, the cannon itself doesn't actually have to face the target as a SR is targeted though placing the sign on the region chest. This means you can build them underground and they will still drain the target SR power. Also, the cannon itself doesn't actually shoot a physical TNT block. It just makes the animation on the target SR. Hope this helps.
How is the direction of fire determined? Is it by the center of the sr or something?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
How is the direction of fire determined? Is it by the center of the sr or something?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. There is no 'direction of fire' with siege cannons, as long as the region itself has;

+sign with target SR on region chest
+within 50 blocks of target sR boarder

It will when given the correct regents hit that SR draining 1 power no matter what. For example, I could build the cannon facing the other way but as long as I have those two requirements ticked, it will drain the target SR regardless. Hope this answers your question.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. There is no 'direction of fire' with siege cannons, as long as the region itself has;

+sign with target SR on region chest
+within 50 blocks of target sR boarder

It will when given the correct regents hit that SR draining 1 power no matter what. For example, I could build the cannon facing the other way but as long as I have those two requirements ticked, it will drain the target SR regardless. Hope this answers your question.
I was told that the cannon will blow up the part of the town that it hits, given that it has already lost it's tnt protections.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I was told that the cannon will blow up the part of the town that it hits, given that it has already lost it's tnt protections.

From as far as I know, the siege cannon doesn't actually act as a normal TNT cannon in terms of actually shooting physical TNT. I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually.