• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town Regions/Region Access

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
So, I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but you have to be IN the town to be on the regions, which I don't like too much.
I'm friends with a few towns, and I wanted to help them build, and hang out with them, but didn't want to be in a town, to stay impartial.

Is there any way to make it so people can be added to the region without forcing them into the towns?
What about towns in the same kingdom, they can't be on each other's regions?

Can this be changed?
(Was told to tag @Sleaker by Kainzo.)

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
So, I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but you have to be IN the town to be on the regions, which I don't like too much.
I'm friends with a few towns, and I wanted to help them build, and hang out with them, but didn't want to be in a town, to stay impartial.

Is there any way to make it so people can be added to the region without forcing them into the towns?
What about towns in the same kingdom, they can't be on each other's regions?
This, so much.

SubGross

Wood
Not sure to be honest, I noticed that town regions aren't apart of World Guard. (Using Coal shows no defined regions) So I am assuming its separate and at the moment, the plugin only supports players joining the town charter to gain access to the regions . Sorry if I am not too much of help. :/

Acherous

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
I could also see this being a problem when smaller towns which don't have a person of every profession need work done. With it like this it's impossible to do things like hire masons to do gates/lifts.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Great point @Acherous :D. Hopefully staff have this in mind, because restricting townships like this is like restricting the HC community, though segmented, as a whole.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
The main reasoning for the citizen region access would be to enforce the player cap. Mayors could just add people onto the region to have them as 'unofficial citizens'.

Not sure to be honest, I noticed that town regions aren't apart of World Guard. (Using Coal shows no defined regions) So I am assuming its separate and at the moment, the plugin only supports players joining the town charter to gain access to the regions . Sorry if I am not too much of help. :/
Towns use our custom HeroTowns plugin which has different regions than World Guard and Residences which you can check with coal. There is no current way to check HeroTowns regions with an item.