• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town Names on Map

John41283

TNT
I remember once upon a time when we had to label the coordinates of our official towns on the "official township" forum. I can understand why you wouldn't necessarily want that advertised, but at the same time, how do we keep ourselves from being within their extra 100 tile limit without inadvertently staring to build/mine there? I thought the old overhead map used to tell you what cities were where when you hovered over them or they had some coloration and what-not. But now, I have to zoom in and look for something that could possibly be a ring around the town. Very difficult to determine what is what.

My suggestion (if at all possible) have the map updated once a week to add in the new towns to the overhead or adjust those that increase size with both the title of town (hamlet, town, etc) and the name to be a super awesome mappy-deal.
( ' - ')b

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I think you used to be able to link it with WorldEdit, and since we're no longer using this, it might be harder.
Either way, I'd love to see this put back in!

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I think you used to be able to link it with WorldEdit, and since we're no longer using this, it might be harder.
Either way, I'd love to see this put back in!

I thought that was all labeled by hand?

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I thought that was all labeled by hand?
Well for some reason I remember there being region cubes, like where people had personal regions (Like mine at the edge of the map under that ravine hill thing) so I doubt someone went and put every single regioned area up by hand.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Well for some reason I remember there being region cubes, like where people had personal regions (Like mine at the edge of the map under that ravine hill thing) so I doubt someone went and put every single regioned area up by hand.

oh true, I forgot about that. I think what I was thinking of was before the dynamap came up and we had the downloadable render. Someone used to label those. Then we switched to the dynamap with the outlined regions and stuff like you said.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
HeroTowns uses the region system - I think we may be able to do this though I'll need to look into it a bit deeper.

Either we need to use a Dyn-map Worldguard setup or some other addon.