• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Town Bank

After the server was moved today I looked into my town bank and saw that most of my resources were gone. All the Lapis Blocks, Iron Blocks, Cobblestone, most of my stone, and a single glowing pristine sapphire were gone. In all I had just enough to upgrade my town to the next tier and I was just looking for two other people to join before I could.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
After the server was moved today I looked into my town bank and saw that most of my resources were gone. All the Lapis Blocks, Iron Blocks, Cobblestone, most of my stone, and a single glowing pristine sapphire were gone. In all I had just enough to upgrade my town to the next tier and I was just looking for two other people to join before I could.
@devotedworker @0xNaomi

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Still looking into things, there's no real rhyme or reason to what happens and the code in the server shouldn't be failing to register items for which the material definitely exists, especially when the server code itself is what wrote the file contents in the first place.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Still looking into things, there's no real rhyme or reason to what happens and the code in the server shouldn't be failing to register items for which the material definitely exists, especially when the server code itself is what wrote the file contents in the first place.
Is there any sort of stopgap we can measure until a better System can be devised? We've had 2 other reports of town deleting contents, and I'm sure people documenting their bank every day isn't going to work?

Well i talked to Piptendo about this, and we figured out that the "glitch" was a simple rollback. The problem was that the files that were uploaded to the new server were not instantaneous and; therefore, did not contain all of the contents that were in my town bank. This would explain why only some of the stuff in my town bank was missing but not all of it.

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
Well i talked to Piptendo about this, and we figured out that the "glitch" was a simple rollback. The problem was that the files that were uploaded to the new server were not instantaneous and; therefore, did not contain all of the contents that were in my town bank. This would explain why only some of the stuff in my town bank was missing but not all of it.
To me, it only seemed this way as this report had been given out only 15 minutes after the announcement that the server had migrated hosts. Makes the most sense that this would have been the issue, but it isn't confirmed.

Regardless, as we can, we're trying to replicate any issues that are reported so that we can pinpoint what inconsistencies there are to fix them. Thanks for being patient!

I would like to report that some tim last night I lost my resources in my bank again. I logged on to find that my lapis blocks were again mostly gone and my stone blocks likewise. I don't believe this to be an issue of a rollback, as I only put stacks of the blocks into my bank and I am now left with only 8 lapis blocks and 21 stone blocks.