• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Tournys

Aetosion

Obsidian
There used to be FFA tournaments with 50+ people orgying with swords, but those were kind of derpy. Majorly favored tanky melee classes and people who avoided fights. 5v5s are waycool, you've got to have good PvPers and they've got to work well together.

Kainzo's been hinting at creating a plugin that allows an arena matchmaking service. Which would allow unscheduled 1v1s, 2v2s, etc.

ezmac

ICE ICE ICE!
There used to be FFA tournaments with 50+ people orgying with swords, but those were kind of derpy. Majorly favored tanky melee classes and people who avoided fights. 5v5s are waycool, you've got to have good PvPers and they've got to work well together.

Kainzo's been hinting at creating a plugin that allows an arena matchmaking service. Which would allow unscheduled 1v1s, 2v2s, etc.

I really like the idea of a 1v1 tournaments. It would give a chance for a LOT of people to show their skills.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
It would probably get more people to compete because of the difficulty in finding a decent five man team.

ezmac

ICE ICE ICE!
I hardly ever get to fight someone in a fair 1v1. I don't 'roll with a passe' so......................

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
The only problems with 1v1's is that people might get mad when they are a ninja and get paired up with a dread knight..

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Pallys would win every time...:(
correction* Right now, pallys would win every time. eventually they will be more balanced to other rogue/warrior specs.

I don't think 1v1s can work with the pvp triangle goin on right now. Like spartanman said, if a ninja is put up against a paladin, it's not a battle where a player can show his/her skill, but rather whoever has the better class wins. In this case, the paladin would stomp the ninja into the ground without losing more than a few hearts.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Say goodbye to any world pvp...
Well, I simply don't find a cut-and-dry *poof arena* Fight *poof out* quite so fun as a real world fight (chases, defending a point, running in circles with SkillOne just to troll the derpy caster who can't figure out his slows). I certainly would take techniques I acquire in arena matches into real world PvP, but I doubt it would replace it entirely.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
Well, I simply don't find a cut-and-dry *poof arena* Fight *poof out* quite so fun as a real world fight (chases, defending a point, running in circles with SkillOne just to troll the derpy caster who can't figure out his slows). I certainly would take techniques I acquire in arena matches into real world PvP, but I doubt it would replace it entirely.

That's not what I'm saying.

I would enjoy an arena system, but if it was implemented, there would be no more world pvp. Why go raid a town, when you can sit in yours an que up for some pvp? Why risk gear when you can do it for free? Everyone would stop fighting on the map, and just join the arena.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
With an area system, the arenas should be made full of outer world obstacles. Have like theme arenas with some points that give an advantage (Cover from fire, height etc.). Like a Jungle arena full of trees and vines obstacles, or a nether arena where forcing an enemy into lava/fire might be critical. Or even a water arena with ice/water pits to slow down players.

Just some suggestions to make arena pvp more fun.