• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion TOOLS GET SWORD ENCHANTS!

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Hi guys,

I had the idea when I saw a chest full of iron swords all enchanted, but then I reliesed I couldnt use them because Im a dreadknight, so I though what if say Axes and shovels and other warriors and maybe rogue tools get sword type enchants.

This is mainly because I think its alittle unbalanced that someone who can use a sword get better attacking enchants than someone who cant use the sword and only has unbreaking and stuff enchants on there tools.

It would only maybe be "Looting" and "knock back" enchant for them but just have it so people have the chance to use sword like enchants on non-sword tools.

Hope this made sence and thanks for reading,
iTzDeXy

Digger360

Obsidian
Completely IMPOSSIBLE. Enchanting is hardwired into the minecraft client. They can only disable certain enchantments, not actually edit them in any way

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
@Digger360 is correct, just starting out on coding, this kind of stuff is impossible, the thought is nice, but there would be WAY too many code errors and binary fails that it could just crash the game.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
@Digger360 is correct, just starting out on coding, this kind of stuff is impossible, the thought is nice, but there would be WAY too many code errors and binary fails that it could just crash the game.

There is a vanilla command in bukkit to enhance items.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
If it did work, swords should have gained Unbreaking. People not using swords has an advantage since they can use for example Golden axe with Unbreaking III, which makes it last a decent amount of time. Knockback can be used by all classes (Wood, Stone swords) and Looting isn't that useful. Unbreaking > Knockback

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Completely IMPOSSIBLE. Enchanting is hardwired into the minecraft client. They can only disable certain enchantments, not actually edit them in any way
No it is possible, think about the "hunger" bar in minecraft that is so called "hardwired" into the minecraft but they have changed it.

Think of it this way, minecraft client is a bank of all the information you need for it and the plugins for the servers, and the plugins are the programs that take that information and use it.

You can munipulate almost everything in minecraft its just you have to find out how, so im sure its possible but it may take some time to find out how to do it.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
We can enable X item to have Y enchant.

The way I would suggest this is Enchantment signs at spawn, but if you could edit the actual enchantment table enchantment chances, that would be amazing.