• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Too many relic drops?

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!
I like the idea of relics, and the drop rate for V's and codex's seems fine, but the amount of 1-4 relics dropping seems a bit much. I have a double chest full of them, i'm sure other people do as well. Granted, I spend alot of time mining and farming currently, but at this point, I'm throwing tons of them on the ground just to declutter and save me a trip.

If I were the one fixing it, I'd make it slightly less complex, maybe 3 relics per codex instead of 5. Reduce the pieces needed to do the job, but still keep the rarity on the final piece.

Just my 2cents.

-dio

Beau_Nearh

Portal
From what I know, the drop rates of relics between I & IV have had their drop chance reduced. I do agree with you in the terms of your inventory feeling cluttered after a mining/ dungeon trip but I wouldn't like the tiers of relics reduced. Maybe chop the drop rate of the relics in half? (I think this would also reduce the V drop rates due to how the loot system works).

Also, I would make it so for you to spec Into a T2 class. You would have to obtain that class's codex. This would really reduce the amount of T2's on the server as well as making them feel more powerful/ sought for.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
From what I know, the drop rates of relics between I & IV have had their drop chance reduced. I do agree with you in the terms of your inventory feeling cluttered after a mining/ dungeon trip but I wouldn't like the tiers of relics reduced. Maybe chop the drop rate of the relics in half? (I think this would also reduce the V drop rates due to how the loot system works).

Also, I would make it so for you to spec Into a T2 class. You would have to obtain that class's codex. This would really reduce the amount of T2's on the server as well as making them feel more powerful/ sought for.
While that would've worked if it was done initially, it's too late to have any real impact on the amount of T2 classes.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
While that would've worked if it was done initially, it's too late to have any real impact on the amount of T2 classes.

Better late than never. It would;

+would allow all T2 players to stay as a T2
+would stop people who decided to level a diffrent class changing back to their T2's without a codex
+could reduce the overall T2's online

I know a few players who got bored and decided to level a few T1 classes (I am one myself). Would really open up the relic market too allowing players to charge whatever they can (500+) for a T2 codex. Thoughts?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Better late than never. It would;

+would allow all T2 players to stay as a T2
+would stop people who decided to level a diffrent class changing back to their T2's without a codex
+could reduce the overall T2's online

I know a few players who got bored and decided to level a few T1 classes (I am one myself). Would really open up the relic market too allowing players to charge whatever they can (500+) for a T2 codex. Thoughts?
Good points. Though I don't know if requireing one to go BACK to a T2 is the right idea.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Good points. Though I don't know if requireing one to go BACK to a T2 is the right idea.

I'm still not 100% set on the idea myself. Would really add depth Into the relic market and force people to make sure they want that class. I feel like there needs to be more of an 'end game', this could be a step in the right direction